Dimitri

"Do I absolutely have to wear this?" I asked Loki. 

"Yes, you do. Now stop being a nuisance and just put the bloody outfit on." he said, rolling his eyes. 

The ceremony was tonight, where Roza was going to choose whether or not she was going to be Princess. I, being her husband, needed to be dressed well too. Roza had avoided letting me see her outfit, or telling me her decision. I knew this was personal to her, which was why she was not asking me for an opinion or for help. She wanted to decided this herself, this was her crossroads, not mine. Normally, in this situation, Lissa would be the one to dress us for events, seeing as she was amazing at fashion and more, our new friends had decided to dress us up, letting our Protector friends take a break. That and Lissa had no idea what Norse people wore to ceremonies. Loki and Warriors 3 were tasked to help dress me up and Sif was supposed to dress up Roza. She was sitting in the stands with the other Avengers and a few Protectors.

Loki had given me an outfit made out of traditional Asgardian Leathers, it was very similar to his own, but the color was midnight black with white highlights and strips instead of green. Most Asgardian Men had long hair, so I fit right in on that aspect. I left my hair open after washing it and combing it. I was wearing combat boots with it to keep some of my identity with myself and Loki used his magic to conjure up a stakeholder that could be hidden in my jacket easily. They claimed that I looked attractive, but the only person I had my eyes on was Roza, as long as she found me good, I didn't care about everything else. Thor was supposed to walk her into the arena since he was the one who figured out she was worthy, and we (the dates) were supposed to join her on the arena, standing behind her as she announced her decision. I wondered what dress she would wear. 

My jaw dropped. I was waiting on the bottom of the grand staircase for the girls. Roza was wearing a fluffy royal blue dress with a black net placed over it. The top half of the dress was a sparkly golden decoration with curls and curves. It was off the shoulders. She had left her hair down in her natural curls and put so light makeup that made her features stick out. She looked so beautiful! She slowly walked down with her head held high, smiling at me. I took her hand and kissed her knuckles once she reached me. 

"You look so beautiful that it hurts..." I said softly in Russian, earning a giggle from her. Sif and was wearing a simple gown the same colour as her armour, it looked good on her. Sif and Thor were going together, and Loki was going with his wife, Sigyn. Roza linked her arm in mine and we walked out of the palace together with the girls. We met up outside the arena. Loki and Thor bowed to kiss their date's hand. 

I had found out that Thor loved a mortal woman, Jane Foster. She was apparently his first real love, but then she broke up with Thor because he couldn't visit. Long-distance didn't work out very well for them. Sif comforted him during his time of heartbreak and they fell in love. I guess not all first loves work out like me and Roza. Roza believed that I loved Tasha the way she loved me, but that wasn't the thing. I loved Tasha like my best friend, not romantically. I had just entertained the idea of dating her because I had been trying to see if Roza really loved me, and if she did, I wanted her to move on at that time. It hurt us both, but I'm glad things worked out in the end for us. 

"Are you ready to go Lady Rose?" Thor asked her. She nodded and took his hand. Loki, Sif, Sigyn, and I walked behind Roza and Thor into the arena. We bowed to Odin.

"Lady Rosemarie. Step forward." Odin ordered. Roza stepped forward and curtisied to him. 

"What is your decision?" he asked her. Roza had not discussed this with me even once. I didn't know what she was choosing. 

"I have chosen to accept the position." Since she said yes, she had to bow and be crowned. She got on one knee and kept her head down as Odin spoke.