Rose

"Watch...hear...see the chaos you caused...this is all your fault."

I was standing in the middle of the gym at the academy. The first place I went to when I rejoined the academy at 17. But this was different. 

It was on fire. And all around me were limp, bloody bodies. And amongst them, were Lissa, Adrian, Sydney, Jill, Eddie, Mia, Alberta, and Mom. 

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" they all yelled in sync, while giving me a scarring smile.

I didn't realise that I screamed in my sleep. 

Dimitri was hovering over me, trying to wake me up. Worry was all over his face. I started sobbing. He pulled me to him and hugged me tight, letting me cry as we sat up against the headboard. 

"It's so cold..." I muttered a few minutes later. He heard, and pulled me closer, wrapping our blanket tighter around me. 

I lay against his bare chest, feeling like my heart was on fire. I didn't have to look at my Fitbit to know I had a heart beating as fast as helicopter blades. He was stroking my hair and waist gently, trying to calm me. 

"Ok, how about we talk about what happened? Clearly this isn't working like it usually does." he said, muttering the last part. And what the hell he's right! I took a slow breath. 

"I...th..." I gulped. He hummed softly.

"Take your time, Roza." he said. A minute later, I tried talking again. 

"I dreamt that...the academy was on fire...and everyone that I loved there was in it...and they all were looking at me...saying it was my fault...and that I could have stopped it..." I whispered, shivering once again at the thought. He hugged me, pressing a kiss to my forehead. 

"I understand why that's scary, but don't worry, dreams aren't real. Ok?" he stated. He started humming once again when I nodded. 

A few minutes later, my alarm rang, and we both got up to get ready for the day. 

-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-+-_-

We joined Steve and Sam for their morning run, thinking that it would probably help me calm some more. 

Once we came back into the tower, we found that there were doughnuts for breakfast. I looked at Dimitri, but he had a rare smile on his face, not too big, but it was there. I chuckled, shaking my head. 

As we were eating, Fury walked into the room. He was holding up a pendrive and a file, which I'm guessing was from the mission last week. 

"Who brought this in?" he questioned, holding it up. 

"I did." Dimitri stated, putting down his coffee. "Why?"

"I hope that you destroyed the source well enough, these have bomb launch codes." he stated. Our eyes widened. 

"I didn't destroy anything, but Tony torched the entire building." Dimitri said, coming out of his stupor. Tony nodded, even pulling up a hologram to prove it. 

"So what's our mission?" Clint asked. 

"This states that there's gonna be an attack on a specific location soon, to make a new base. You go in, evacuate them, and do your best to stop them." we all nodded. 

"Where is the location?" I asked, finishing up my last doughnut.

"It's a private school in Montana. Saint Vladimir's." at that, my knees buckled. Nat, who was sitting right beside me, caught me.