Dimitri

You know, after everything I had done to ruin our relationship, I was shocked at how forgiving she was. Roza had faced hell because of me, she should hate me with all her being! But...no. She doesn't. And I'm so thankful for that!

Her explanation about being...that...was spot on. I was not in control, but at the same time, I was. My heart said no, but my mind said yes.

I felt horrible, remembering all my victims. I used to enjoy their screams...now they only haunt me more. I felt worthless, a waste of space, I mean, who can do such crimes and still deserve to live at all? Apparently, I do...which doesn't seem fair.

To hear that the love of my life had faced almost the exact same thing that I had, multiple times, even if it was only for a few hours, it absolutely killed me. It's just, the universe was being so unfair! Making a kind woman like her suffer as much as she did! It wasn't fair! I hated that she had to feel that way...I hated it...

Talking to my family had made me feel truly happy once again after so long, and I absolutely loved it! However...something did ruin the mood.

The other male she was living with, Thor, I guess you could say I was jealous of him. He managed to make her laugh, smile, he treated her like royalty, the way she deserved to be treated. I felt even worse about myself when I searched his name up on google. He was a hero, she was a hero. He had the money and resources to provide her with a better life than I ever could, being a literal prince. I mean...it just seemed like the entire world was conspiring against our relationship.

The times that Roza and I talked were truly highlights of my days. I wished I could have done it more. They weren't too often, which was why they were special. My family had pestered me about asking her out once again, but I kept saying no, not because of my allegiance to Lissa like I told them...but because, Roza had a good life now in New York, and I wanted for her to make sure that she still wanted us in her life. However, that decision had to be done pretty quick.

I was assigned to guard Christian. The court had cleared me to guard once again after a couple of months, but just in case I was still a monster, they put me with Christian, claiming that a 'strigoi-lover' like him would be happy to be my charge. Tasha had offered me the job to be her guardian once again, but I had declined, choosing not to give her a reason this time. Christian was a very flexible person, like Ivan, he only required me to guard him when he went out.

One day, we headed out, almost 9 months later, and we got attacked. I got distracted because I thought I saw Roza in that mall and if Christian had not known how to use his powers as well as he did, we both would have probably been dead. It was then that I knew I couldn't continue the job. So I talked to Christian and Hans and resigned, going to the airport. I called Roza up before I decided where to go. She would help me clear my mind...

"Hey Comrade, what's up?" she asked, yawning. Shit! I forgot she was on a mission till late yesterday!

"I'm so sorry I woke you up!" I said, apologizing like hell.

"Don't worry, I was going to wake up in 5 minutes anyways. My alarm has been ringing for the past hour," she said. I smiled slightly, remembering her old habit of breaking alarms by throwing them across the room at walls and smashing them.

"So tell me, what's this call about? Isn't it pretty early for you? I mean, don't you guys sleep at 8? It's only 9 AM?" she asked.

"I, uh, left court," I said. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Since, uh, when?" she said, mimicking my voice. I smiled a little.

"Since 7 AM. I was guarding Christian, but...I put his life in danger instead. I'm not fit for guarding anymore...so I quit." I explained. She nodded along like it made perfect sense.