I See You

Wait...She thought, suddenly. What changes the brain? Hypnotism could work. The fever should have burned out the poison from his system by now.

Raven would have to use her voice. It would have to be a song that fit; that made her feel what she wanted the boy to feel. She had written one recently, and hoped that it would be powerful enough. She swore she would never do this again, but, she had no other option.

Raven walked away from Hartley and Carlos. Hartley raised a suspicious eye brow at the pixie, as she expected the girl to try to kiss her stolen boyfriend. Raven skipped a bee-line towards a grand piano, and asked the piano player, who provided entrance music, to step away. He obliged her request.

Raven sat down at the bench and placed her hands on the keys. The microphone was on and ready.

Raven:

I see you,
I see you,

Walking through a dream
I see you,

(Carlos' eyes turned toward the pixie as she sang her song. Hartley was forming a fearful expression)

My light in darkness breathing hope of new life,
Now I live through you and you through me,
Enchanting,
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends,

(Carlos, let go of Hartley and began to walk toward Raven, entranced by her song. Hartley grasped for his arm, but, Carlos yanked it away, not looking back to the dark princess.)

I see me through your eyes,
Breathing new life, flying high,
Your love shines the way into paradise,
So I offer my life as a sacrifice,

(Raven continued to sing her song, a song she'd created about how she truly saw Carlos; and how she knew that he saw her. Expressing that she would sacrifice everything, even her life for their love.)

I live through your love,

(Carlos sat down next to Raven, and started to sing with her, still entranced with the Pixie. They were in that moment-- connected, magically.)

Carlos:

You teach me how to see
All that's beautiful
My senses touch your world, I'd never pictured

Now I give my hope to you
I surrender
I pray in my heart that this world never ends
I see me through your eyes

Raven:

Breathing new life, flying high
Your love shines the way into paradise

Carlos:

So I offer my life
I offer my love, for you

Raven:

When my heart was never open
(And my spirit never free)

Carlos:

To the world that you have shown

Both:

me

Both:

But my eyes could not envision
All the colors of love and of life evermore

Evermore
(I see me through your eyes)
I see me through your eyes
(Breathing new life, flying high)
Flying high

Your love shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice

And live through your love
And live, through your love
I see you
I see you

(They sang the last line, resting their foreheads against one another.)

The Cotillion guests had all witnessed the impromptu show; and they began applauding and cheering.

Raven and Carlos gazed into each other's eyes, and moved forward for a kiss. This was a kiss of knowing, of understanding, of pure acceptance. Surrendering into the feelings that they shared. A kiss of true love.

The black marks and red veins began to disappear from Carlos neck, and the wound began to heal.

"Carlos?" Asked Raven, hopefully.

"You brought me back." He spoke softly, with a relieved smile.

Raven's eyes began to tear with happiness and relief. She began to float, she was losing control in her bliss. Carlos held her steady and brought her back down into his arms.

The song is: I See You, by Leona Lewis

Vote and comment please