Just before he could waste another thought, he felt another soft kick. Seonghwa looked down, lifted his loose t-shit, eyed his bare bump. "You're pretty energetic, huh?" he chuckled, caressing the bump softly. "You know, sometimes I wonder, what is going to be your favorite dish? Which colors you will prefer? Will you like sports or be more into art? I wonder how it will be when I finally can hold you in my arms. How it will be when you make your first steps..." Seonghwa lifted his gaze for a moment to look out of the large window. "Don't tell Daddy, but I'm scared, you know?... I want you to have a strong father, but I am scared I won't be good enough for you two but..." he signed smiling sadly. Seonghwa looked back at his bump, felt tears pooling in the corner of his eyes, "I will love you, no matter how life is going to be" A small tear dropped on his exposed skin, then another one followed by another one. "Ahh, you have such a weak Papa" he sniffed, tried to stop his tears from coming. He let out a loud sob, drenched in despair. For a few minutes, this continued. Seonghwa cried silently for himself but got a hold of his emotions pretty fast. "But I will be strong for you" he promised, wiping away his tears, sobbing one last time. "I will be strong for you, so one day, you can be proud of your Papa"

What Seonghwa didn't know was, that Hongjoong was standing outside their bedroom for good ten minutes now. He had heard his husband's little talk and couldn't do otherwise but cry quietly himself. It hurt him, that Seonghwa thought that way about himself, it hurt him that he couldn't tell him. Hongjoong wiped his tear and took a deep breath, composed his emotions, and entered their bedroom after the small sniffs died down. "Hey, love. I got your ice cream" he said, walking over to the bed. Hongjoong held up the box of lemon ice cream and two spoons, making Seonghwa crack a smile. He sat down next to him, wrapping his arm around him tightly.

They didn't talk, just appreciated the silence and the sweet treat. Now and then Hongjoong would kiss Seonghwa's cheeks, caress his bump. Then he laid down, placed his head right next to his husband's bump. "Do you know, how strong your Papa is? He's amazing, always hardworking and selfless." Hongjoong whispered and placed a small kiss on it. "He's so much braver than he thinks he is" Hongjoong looked up to Seonghwa, who seemed to be on the edge of crying again. "And you wanna know a secret? ... Daddy is so proud of Papa"

~~

"You're doing great, baby" Hongjoong said, kissing the hand of his husband, trying to calm him down. No lie, Hongjoong could pass out any moment, they were doing this for the past four hours. But he couldn't lose his nerves while Seonghwa was still pushing, so he forced back the idea of giving up. He couldn't, they were moments away from holding their child in their arms.

"Hongjoong I will kill you!", Seonghwa screamed out loud, nearly breaking Hongjoongs hand. he never knew he could grip that strong.

"I know, I love you too, baby" he replied, inwardly praying this would end soon. And it did. A loud cry filled the room as everything else went silent and stopped moving.

~~

"Congratulations! It's a healthy little boy" the midwife said, handing a blue bundle over to Seonghwa.

Seonghwa couldn't form words to describe his feelings. Looking down at the bundle, his son, made his entire world lit up. "Yunho", Seonghwa then managed to say looking up to Hongjoong, whose eyes went from their son to Seonghwa. "His name is Yunho"

"He's beautiful" Hongjoong couldn't take his eyes off of him. In his eyes, he was the most beautiful creature he's ever seen. His son, Yunho, had a small smile plastered on his face while his tiny, tiny hands were grabbing at nothing. "Yunho" he said, testing his son's name on his tongue.

"You want to hold him?" Seonghwa asked softly, smiling up at Hongjoong.

"Can I?"

"He's your son. Or course you can" Seonghwa chuckled and handed the bundle over to his husband.

The moment Hongjoong held him, all his worries seemed to vanish in thin air, pure happiness filled him up. "Hello Yunho~" he cooed, softly stroked over his small hand. Hongjoong skipped a heartbeat when his son gripped his finger. He looked up and met Seonghwa's eyes, saw love and adoration in them. He took a long look at his family. There was nothing he wouldn't do for them.

-
Heeey! How are you doing?

Pray for your sis I have another exam tomorrow😗✨

And my ass showed up to class like... Three times??😗

Ah yes, baby Yunho is just- awwww🥺

I hope yall enjoyed the following chaps tho

Please stay healthy and safe

-gulkurusubb