Chapter 08: Thank you...

Start from the beginning

Really, I should focus on its thousands of flaws and not these kind of details.

"Hey! Are we going to watch the game today? It's the finals!" I hear some girls passing by me talk too loud as I walk through the forest.

It's frustrating that I can't find the peace I want, even here.

"Today is the final? Who will play?" One of them asks.

"The faculty of engineering VS the faculty of architecture!" Another one answered.

Immediately in my head, I hear Can's name even if it's really not specifically mentioned.

"Wow that's going to be amazing! We have to go!"

I watch as they walk away and head to the field of activities.

"Tin, turn around and go back the way you came" I order myself.

Do not go...

No...

Fuck this...

***

He runs very fast with the ball at his mercy. They all follow him from behind but hardly catch up. Their rivals are furious and I can see them arguing among themselves and looking murderously at each of the players. They are losing by two points and because of the time left and how tired they look it is clear that they are going to lose.

There are only five minutes left but the match is already defined, despite that, it is as if nothing can stop Can, he plays as if he had just started and runs approaching the goal at full speed.

He's going to do it, he's going to score another goal for their team's favor.

Then I see how the defender rushes against him abruptly and his whole body falls to the ground.

I feel how my face turns pale and an inordinate fury emerges within me. I hear the referee stop the game and voices in the distance scream in fury.

None of that matters to me, because my eyes are only focused on Can and my legs immediately run towards him.

I do not know how much I have run or how it is that I have come faster than any of his teammates or coaches, I only know that when I have him close enough, I immediately help him get up little by little until the stiffness of his body when he sees me makes weight between the two of us heavier.

"Tin..."

"Can, are you okay?" Asks one of his trainers, who arrived with a first aid kit in his hands.

"Yes, it's just the knee." He answers, not taking his eyes off me.

"Just the knee? Your leg is bleeding, how is it that your injury worries me more than you?"

"It's your fault! You crossed!" I hear suddenly, the defender who threw Can approaches us haughtily and without any guilt in his face or voice.

"It was a violation! You must apologize!" His coach says but that only makes the player look at us contemptuously.

"It's not my fault if your student is an idiot who doesn't know how to run!"

"Idiot"...this man called him an idiot.