Chapter 06: What a strange dream.

Start from the beginning

***

"Is it just a little fever?" I hear someone say, I think it's Pete who's talking...I have little strength to open my eyes.

"Yes, by tomorrow he will be fine, don't worry, it was just a scare. That's why they shouldn't play in the lake so early." Says another voice that I can't recognize.

"What about Can?" My eyes make a great effort to open when I hear his name. I make a noise in my throat that caught the attention of Pete and a doctor.

"Tin!" Pete says while approaching me.

"Dizziness is normal, as are nausea and fever. I recommend that you rest for this day, tomorrow you will feel much better. I have provided you with necessary medications along with a prescription that you must follow to the letter." Says the doctor.

"Can..." I whisper with little force but Pete looks at me in a strange way, I immediately know something is not right.

"The called student does not correspond to our service, we could only attend him urgently like applying the basics to stabilize him, however, he will have to call another doctor to be treated in a better measure." That doctor says, which means that he is only hired to serve people like Pete and me, but not low-level people like Can, my blood boils and I feel intense dizziness wash over me, I try to control myself or else, I'll pass out again.

"I'll pay for the service if necessary!" Pete says, pleading to that fourth-grade doctor, just like I would expect of him and his kindness.

"Child, things don't work like that, there are papers, documents that must be filled out in advance."

"Please I beg you!" My friend says again, I try to object to something but no voice comes out of my mouth. "I will pay! I will pay whatever is necessary!"

The doctor looks at us both, he have no way out, he knows who we are and what we can do if he does not comply with what we ask for, so without any other remedy, he decided to treat Can with the same care as me.

My eyes ask to close again, although I refuse inside, I don't want to sleep, I want to make sure Can's okay, that nothing bad will happen to him.

However, I feel my efforts to stay awake totally useless, the dream welcomes me against my will and again everything turns black...again.

***

I wake up again when I hear noises coming from outside, I'm still in the cabin. I look out the window and see that the sky is already dark, it is already night, seems like I slept all day.

Suddenly, his pale face and closed eyes come back to my mind.

"Can." I say out loud as I get out of bed and hold onto the furniture, I no longer have a fever, but I feel a bit nauseous when moving quickly.

I compose myself but I don't see Pete anywhere. I went to his room and saw Can in his bed, asleep like a child. Beside him is a drip connected to his right arm.

He looks better than what he looks like when I took him out of the water, there is color in his skin and his lips are no longer white, he also seems to breathe normally again.