Chapter Seven

No school todayyy! (: Love the snoww! haha, here's a new chapter! Please vote and comment if you like it! This chapter is a lot longer in Word s hopefully it's longer here, lol, enjoy!

NOT YOUR AVERAGE TEEN PREGNANCY

Chapter Seven

          "Ready?" Derek asks, holding my hand, leading me into the school. Today is going to be the worst day ever.

          "As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed.

          "Loosen up, Ellie-bear." He smiles at me reassuringly. We walk in the school, hand in hand. We already agreed we wouldn't say anything about me being pregnant, unless someone asked.

          "Ellie!" my best friend, Kaylee called. We walked over hand in hand, to my best friend.

          "You...two...," she trailed off.

          "Yeah," I say quietly, and see Derek has a smirk plastered on his face.      

          "Yo, Carter!" one of the football guys called.

          "Go ahead, I'll catch up with you later," I say, and he clenches his jaw, nods slowly and walks away.

          "Possessive much?" Kaylee laughs.

          "I don't know, I've never seen him act this way," I shrug, getting into my locker.

          "You do know he's probably going to break your heart, right?"

          "Uhm...yeah, but I don't think he will," I say, trying not to tell her everything.

          "Why not?" she asks.

          "I promise you'll know soon enough, but I don't-," I get cut off, when I feel someone's hands wrap around me and rub my belly.

          "Derek," I say, and I hear him chuckle.

          "Oh my god. I see it now. You two- You're pregnant!" she hisses.

          "Derek. You ruined it," I pretended to be mad. He leaned in and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

          "I am so happy for you...wait. Should I be happy?" Kaylee asks.

          "You should definitely be happy. The most beautiful girl in the world is having my baby," Derek kisses me on the cheek. Good acting, Derek!

          "Aw!" Kaylee smiles.

          "Just try to keep it quiet, we'd like it to be a secret as long as we can," I say, and she winks, and pretends to zip her lips, and throw away the key.

          "I'm going to go to class; may I walk you to your class?" Derek kisses just below my earlobe.

          "I'll talk to you later, Kaylee," I say, and Derek grabs my hand.

          "You are very convincing," I say, amazed.

          "Yeah well, I've had my share of girlfriends to know how to act," he smiles at me sadly. I smile back, and Derek walks me to my class.

          The day passes by pretty fast, I only got a couple confused stares, but no one said anything. I sat on the bleachers, waiting for Derek's football practice to be over.

          I watched them practice; I never really paid much attention before. Derek is the quarterback, number fifteen. I watch Derek glance up at me every five minutes, or so it seems like it's every five minutes. Practice ends, and I stay on the bleachers, just watching the sun set.

          I feel someone wrap their arms around me, and hug me from behind.

          "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Derek asks. I realize he's still wet from the shower, and is shirtless, getting me all wet. I nod, and he rests his head on my shoulder, holding me tightly against him.

          "Ready to go?" he whispers after a while.

          "Yeah," I say, taking a deep breath. He holds my hand as we walk to his car, which is now Claire's mini cooper. He's learned his lesson and is driving the speed limit. The car ride home is silent. Not exactly an awkward silence, just a there's-nothing-to-say kind of silence.

          "Your mom knows," I say quietly.

          "I know; she talked to me too," he smiles a little bit.

          "Thank you, for everything," I say quietly, willing the tears in my eyes not to fall down my cheeks.

          "Don't cry, honey, it's okay," he reaches one arm across the car, rubs my back soothingly. I nod, the tears already falling down my face. He pulls into the driveway, and no one else is home yet. I get out of the car, wiping my tears, and walked inside.

          I started to walk to my room, but somehow Derek got in front of me. He pulls me close, and hugs me, swaying slightly. Then I break. I cry.

          "It'll be okay," he whispers. He picks me up, wrapping my legs around him, so I can cry on his shoulder. I manage to stop crying, but he doesn't sit me down.

          "I'm sorry," I manage to get out.

          "You can't help it; none of this is your fault."

          "Are you going to sit me down?" I ask.

          "Nope," he says, popping the 'p'.

          "Why not?" I ask.

          "I like it when you're in my arms."