Chapter 12: What Could Be Better?

TRIS POV
School. I'm pretty sure I'm dead. I'm almost sleepwalking, but not quite yet. I just hope Marlene got my coffee. As if designed by fate, Marlene turns a corner holding my to-go cups, most likely with coffee inside.
"Hey girl, you look like crap." She hands me a cup. "You look like you need this." I take a sip and it's like I'm drinking heaven.
"Ugh. It's only first period, and I'm already dreading the day."
"Well get over it, sweetie."
"Thanks for the encouragement." As we walked to first period I saw Four and the rest of the gang. I laughed silently, remembering this weekend when we played 'Candor or Dauntless' and Four got caught by Aunt Jenine. I was so scarred that she was going to catch me and I would be grounded for life. Four walks up next to me and says "Hey."
"Hey, Creep, what's up?" He chuckles the slightest bit.
"I was wondering if you wanted to take up that dare that Zeke said." Oh, yeah. That dare was Zeke being annoying. He dared me to say yes for the rest of the night, and then dared Four to ask me out.
"I thought we agreed that was just a joke."
"Well you did." Seriously. What is wrong with this guy. I've known him for maybe three weeks and he's asking me out. Some people.
"Well it was a dare, and I'm not a pansycake. So...when's this happening."
"Well I have a reservation at Buccini's at 7:30, so I'll pick you up on Friday at 7.'" Great. Just great. I'm going on a date with my archenemy.
"Sounds good."