Chapter 16: School...

FOUR POV
Tris has been having a hard time adjusting since she had a breakdown in the cafeteria. Her and her brother are at odds with each other and their aunt doesn't have a clue what to do. She's never had children. We're half way through February and I graduate in May because my mom wanted me to start college ASAP. Tris is still a junior. She'll be in high school for a whole other year. And I've already gotten acceptance letters from colleges half way across the country. College was really important to me, but ever since Tris bumped into me that first day in January, the spotlight moved to her. I know I shouldn't let a girl get in the way of my education, but she's not a girl... she's Tris. She's the only one I think that I'll ever tell about my muddy past. Although she doesn't know everything yet, she will. My thoughts shattered as I felt a hand grasp mine. A small dainty hand that belonged to a small blonde.
"Hey Four, you alright?" I looked into Tris' blue-grey eyes and nodded. She laughed slightly.
"What?" I asked her.
"It's just... I was remembering your face when you were in Four-land. You looked sort of like a zombie. You might have even drooled a little bit."
"Hey. Do you want to hang at Leo's after school? I need to talk to you about stuff." I didn't actually want to talk to her about that. I didn't want to except that I was leaving in May and I didn't want to talk about how we probably won't still be together this time next year. I couldn't face that... But she needed to know that... And I want to give her everything she needs. What I need is her and only her, but it isn't about me anymore.
"Four?! Snap out of it. What's got your mind so occupied?" I plant a semi-fake smile on my lips. For her.
"Nothing."
"Sure..." She doesn't sound convinced. I really don't want to tell her, I think it might break her heart and that'll break my heart. My heart broke the moment I got those acceptance letters. I'm already dead.