Chapter Thirty Three

I sit at the back of my wardrobe hugging my knees, my shaking hands laced toggether tightly. I needed to get away, I wish that everything that had happened over the past 4 days would just dissaper. The talk with Mom hadn't gone well. It had started out fine, her explaining she was disappointed and that I couldn't but trusted and blah, blah, blah all the ussaul stuff parents lecture you about but then she mentioned Dad. She had talked to dad too. Was it really that big of a deal that she has to tell Dad, he hasn't seen me in months. They had talked, she'd said and then she dropped the bomb.

I was going to live with Dad for the second semester and finish the rest of my school year there in San Francisco. She said after Christmas break I would go and stay with Dad and that it was already being organized. I couldn't take it anymore, I can't just leave all my friends and it would be impossible to make new one's, and what about Libby, Tiger? I had yelled at her then, and she had yelled back. Thats when everything came tumbling down, she had grabbed my wrists and hauled me out of the kitchen. I ran then up to my room, where Taylor was unpacking her clothes and made a dive for the wardrobe.

Thats how I ended up where I am now, tears streaming down my face in he back of my wardrobe with Taylor trying to talk gently to me outside. Thinking I had calmed down a bit I pull my hands away from my legs only to see the red marks left from my Moms fingers, wrapping their way around my wrists. Seeing them sets of another wave of tears, images of my Mom and Dads fight flicking through my mind.

"Audrey" I hear a new voice outside the wardrobe door, this one a lot deeper than Taylor's, it was Austin.

"Im gonna come in okay" I give a small nod before realizing that Austin couldn't see me.

"Okay" I squeak out, Austin pushs open the door letting light flood into the dimly lit wardrobe.

"Hey" he says squatting down in front of me, cupping my face with his hands, wiping away a few stray tears with his thumbs.

"Its gonna be okay" I nod numbly, his hands tingling my cheeks "We can get through this" I just stare at him, watching as his forehead crinkles with worry and pain.

"Come here" he whispers letting me crawl into his arms, that wrap tightly around me.

"Thankyou" I whisper, not sure what I was thanking him for, I just knew I needed to thank him.

"Im sorry" he says suddenly "I should of acknowledged you in the car" I know he feels guilty now and I don't want him too.

"Its fine" I say more sharply than intended "you had your reasons"

"Audrey, don't be mad please. It just killed me seeing you on the cover of that magazine kissing someone else, it hurt"

"I was drunk" I mumble ashamed "but why would you even care, you've known me for what? A week?" Austin sighs, wrapping me up tighter.

"I love you Audrey Jones" he says barely audible. My stomach twists, he loves me?

"Lets get out of here" I whisper suddenly finding the small space constricting.

Stepping out into the room I see Taylor sitting on my bed biting her lip.

"Oh Audrey" she cries as soon as she sees me "its gonna be okay baby" She says pulling me into a hug. Out of the corner of my eye I see Austin slip out of the room.

I avoided everyone for the rest of the day, I didn't want to speak to Mum, or Andrea. Scott had gone out with Austin somewhere, Taylor was face timing Ed in the bathroom for at least 2 hours, heaven knows what the were doing. I did go and say hi to Tiger and Libby but I found them anoying after a while.

"Hey Audrey" Taylor says to me quietly, we were sitting next to each other on my bed our shoulders touching. It was about 10pm at night, I had skipped dinner, so had Taylor. I didn't want to talk to anyone just yet and Taylor, I was going to help her as best as I could. She needed to learn she was beautiful inside and out.

"Yeah?" I reply as Taylor plugs headphones into her phone.

"You never did finish listening to 1989 did you?" Shaking my head, I gingerly place the headphones in my ears letting myself get taken away by the music and Taylor's angelic voice.

I was half asleep when another unfamiliar song started playing, the title reading You Are In Love.

The lyrics were beautiful and as the words;
He says look up,
and your shoulders brush,
No proof , one touch.
You felt enough.

Play through my ears I begin to think about Austin and I on the trampoline that day. How our shoulders touched and the feeling that came along with it. It was beautiful.
You are in love, true love.

I was in love.

OMG YAY!!!!!
Two updates in one day!  Well just (its almost midnight here).
Okay so I love you guys a lot so I decided to post another chapter, there is also another reason.
I have to go back to college next week so im not sure when I will be able to update again and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging:)
~ Cait ~