Chapter Sixteen

We got home around 10.30 last night, after the whole Ella incident me and Taylor ended up watching the remainder of the show form the sound booth. Taylor was smiling and laughing the whole time. She looked the most at ease I had ever seen her. After the show Ed and Taylor both disappeared into Ed's dressing room again. But this time I had the heart not to eves drop. But none the less Taylor came out blushing slightly and I was certain that Ed had a tiny smudge of lipstick on the corner of his lips.

"Mmm" Taylor moans rolling over next to me, a pile of blonde hair falling across her face. She looked adorable when she was half sleep, her eyes were still closed and she was desperately trying to snuggle back into the comforter.

Ed had made me stick his number in my phone last night so cheekily I roll over and snatch my phone of the night stand,  quickly I snap a picture of Taylor before opening up Ed's contact.

To: That ginger jesus
Look what your missing out on ;) I text, smirking as I attach the picture before hitting send.

A minute later my phone bings indicating that I had received a message.

From: That ginger jesus
I bet Taylor would love it if this photo went viral :P he replies,  I wince if Ed posts that anywhere I'd be dead.

To: That ginger jesus
Oooooh someone's jealous, don't you dare post that anywhere! I type back hurriedly. By now Taylor had woken up fully and was now sitting up beside me.

"How's that cheek looking?" She asks, I turn so that she could see it better.  Taylor cringes slightly before wincing "nothing a bit of concealer won't fix" rolling my eyes I turn back to my phone that had just beeped.

From: That ginger jesus
Definitely not jealous, why would I be?
She's already mine:) <3

"Aww" I say as Taylor turns to look at the screen,  quickly I turn it off.

"Who were you texting?" She asks.

"No body" I laugh, before jumping out of bed and grabbing my jersey that was still in a heap on the floor from last night.

"Im hungry" I say turning to Taylor " You coming?"

"Sure!" Taylor says rolling out of bed after me.

Walking into the kitchen we were greeted by my Mom and Andrea who were sitting at the table cups of coffee in there hand. Steve was curled up on the end of the bench and Taylor automatically walked over and started patting him.

"Hey you two" Mom says smiling at us "Audrey hows your cheek?" She adds.

I turn round in shock, how did she know about it? Last night I had made a point not go anywhere near my Mom or Taylor's parents when we got home, they didn't need to know that Ella was still bullying me. Taylor on the other hand had gone into the lounge straight away and started talking to them while I mooched up to my room.

"You told them?" I ask Taylor fighting back tears, why did she have to go and do that?

"Im sorry Audrey" Taylor murmers "but you just can't let things like that slide!"

Sighing I slump down at the table next to Mom, leaning my head against her shoulder.

"Oh sweetheart,  why didn't you tell me this was still going on?"

Taylor looks up from Steve "what this has happened before?" She asks, and I nod glumly. 

"Its been going on since middle school hasn't it?" Mom asks running her hand through my hair.

"Yeah I say quietly,  playing with the edge of the table cloth.

"Ella and Audrey have a lot of history,  im sure most of your school records are about you and Ella's screaming matches" Mom chuckles before kissing me on the head, "she never stopped did she?" Mom continues as I moan.

"Mom please, not now! Im seventeen not twelve!" I grumble looking at Taylor for help. Andrea who had been sitting there quietly sipping her coffee frowns.

"Taylor went through the same thing Audrey,  its okay"  Taylor nods, coming and standing behind me draps her arms around my neck.

Is it really okay though?

So proud of this chapter,  I think it's the longest one yet!
4 comments + 5 votes = New Update
~ Cait ~