Chapter Forty Eight

"Don't become a stranger," Taylor says to us as we stand in the middle of the business lounge at the airport. This was the only section of the airport were we could all say goodbye without being mobed by fans. Our flight back to Chicago was due for boarding in 10 minutes and I was actually looking forward to going home and being able to sleep in my own bed, even if it was only for a little while.

"I promise I won't," I grin pulling Taylor into a hug, " I'll see you at your Chicago show!" Laughing Taylor lets go and turns to Tiger and Libby, "Stay safe you two." They both start laughing before Tiger tackles Taylor into a hug.

"Tell Ed that I miss him," Tiger says and Taylor's face lights up. Ed had left the day after New Years as he had to continue touring. Tiger and Ed had created a weird bond and Tiger absolutely adored Ed.

"I promise I will," She replys and Tiger nods satisfied before squirming away from Taylor and returning to Austins side who ruffles his hair affectionately.

"Oh Libby," Taylor says quickly, "before I go, this is for you." Reaching into her hand bag Taylor pulls out a white T-shirt, "this is the 1989 tour shirt. These aren't avalible yet so make sure you keep it super safe and don't show anyone. Audrey told me how much you love her shirt so I thought you deserve one of your own."

"Thankyou so much Taylor," Libby says clutching the fabric to her chest. "I promise I will keep it super safe and make sure it never gets dirty." Everyone laughs at Libby's last comment, including Taylor who was litteraly beaming with happiness.

"Alright kids," Mom says gathering up our various carry on bags. "Time to say final goodbyes our plane is boarding now." A collective groan spreads across the room as everyone stands up. Mom hugs Scott and Andrea, promising them to meet up again soon. I watch in amusement as Austin tries to drag himself away from Tiger who was clinging onto his hand.

"Hey," Austin says quietly once he had shaken Tiger away.

"Hi," I whisper, taking Austin's hands in mine.

"I guess this is goodbye," he whispers.

"I guess it is," I smirk leaning in and giving Austin a teasing peck on the lips. " I'll see you in 8 months at University."

Austin grins, "It's a date." Though we both know we won't last that long apart. Pulling away from Austin I see Taylor watching us from a distance.

"Ya'll are so cute," she says laughing puling me into another hug. "Bye Aud's, keep em safe for me." She says nodding to the twins who were standing patiently in the boarding with matching bags on their backs.

"Promise," I say pulling away and joining the twins. New York had been a whirlwind from start to finish and to say that I wouldn't miss this would be an understatement.

We were 40 minutes into our flight when Mom decides to drop a minor bomb on me. I had happily installed myself and was minding my own business listening to 1989 when Mom taps my shoulder and pulls out my left ear phone.

"Honey I almost forgot to tell you," she says quickly, "I spoke to your father a couple nights ago." I nod along to what she's saying, wondering when I will be flying out to San Francisco and praying that im not getting a connecting flight as soon as we land. Even though a connecting flight would be impossible becausing everything I need is still a mess in my bedroom back home.

"And well,"Mom says, "we've decide it would be best if you just stay here for the rest of the school year. You only have 5 months left and I could really do with hand helping the twins. Seeing you being so brave and sensible in New York really made me rethink my decision. I hope your okay with the sudden change in plans honey."  As soon as the words left Moms mouth I froze. I was going to be staying in Chicago. I couldn't decide if this was what I wanted or not. When Mom and Dad first sprung the idea of moving on me I was absolutely devastated. But now over time the idea I had kinda grown on me and I had been looking forward to going to San Fran with Dad. But now I would be staying in Chicago at the same school, where Clara my best friend now hangs out with my worst enemy. Where all the kids in my class think im some weird freak who is best friends with Taylor Swift.

"Mom," I cry, "I can't go back. Everyone at school hates me. I have no friends there Mom."

"Honey I promise that you'll be okay. What you and Clara have can't just fall apart like that. Talk to her honey, she won't have forgotten you I promise."

"I hope your right,"  I whisper resting my head on Mom's shoulder as she wraps a protective arm around me.

The plane flies low over the snow covered roves of Chicago. It looked like the city had been dipped in water and then placed in a freezer. Everything had frozen over, the only road that wasn't covered in a thin layer of ice and snow was the runway.
We gather our bags quickly, trying to spend to lest amount of time in the airport as possible. Mom hails a cab outside, something we rarely do as we have no need too. Libby was standing next to me prattling on about Steve and other subjects I had absolutely no interest in. She continues this talk all the way till we see the outskirts of Barrington and then she grows incredibly silent.

"You okay Libster," I ask nudging her with my elbow. She giggles slightly and nods her head before tapping on the window excitedly when our house comes into view.

"Home," Tiger shouts throwing the door open as soon as the taxi pulls up to the curb.

"I spoke to our neighbours so hopefully they've kept Steve alive and warmed the house up for us," Mom began, paying the driver and climbing out of the car.

Walking into our house I smile, everything was how we had left it before we left for New York. There was even still a pile of dishes waiting to be dried by the sink. I had missed this place, I don't know how I thought I was going to survive moving to San Francisco. I've only be gone four weeks and I already feel like throwing a house warming/welcome home party. I can't help but wonder what I've missed at school, how much gossip there is to catch up. But mostly I'm looking forward to fall back into my normal routine of sleep, eat, school, tumblr.

"Okay," Mom says clapping her hands together, " we need to tidy this place up. Tiger and Audrey you are both going to school tomorrow no buts, I'm taking Libby to the doctors. Okay?"

Both me and Libby nod, Tiger however had wandered off to the lounge.

"Whoa," he shouts, "there's so much mail in here."

"Oh god," Mom groans as we all trail into the living room.

"There's a present for you Audrey," he says jumping up and giving it to me. I read the note attached to it and I feel a knot twist it's way inside of me and a lump form in my throat.
To Audrey
I know you won't get this till after Christmas. I saw what happened, it's all over online. I know I really fucked up these past couple of months. Turns out Ella's exactly who you said she was. I really hope you can forgive me and if you can't at least keep the gift.
Your hopeful best friend,
Clara

The smile that finds it's way onto my face in that moment was the smile that I wanted to keep with me for the rest of my life.

And that my fellow readers is the end of Family Friends. I hope you enjoy this book almost as much as I enjoyed writing it. I realized today the I started writing this on the 27 to the 29th of September 2014 and I've just finished it almost 15 months later (i also realized im hopeless at updating).
Now I will begin going through and editing all the chapters, rewriting parts that don't work, adding parts that need to be added and making sure I have no awful spelling mistakes. I will let you know when I have finished doing that and when I have I will also post the epilogue.
Thankyou for sticking with this book!! I love youuuu,
Cait xxx