Devastated Hope

I stumbled upwards and crawled away as the two demons began to move, Wolf patted my head and stood up to his full height, followed by master. I bowed my head slightly, my head still filled with the ways people have died to demons.

A soft chirp made me lift my head as I made eye contact with my master, he raised his claw and I took a dangerous guess, basing the action to mean 'up' since the other gesture seemed to mean sit.

I raised my body up onto my shaky legs, I winced as my head was gently stroked. I followed them as they moved towards a busy area, demons stood around, some seemed to be training. Others were standing by tall tables and seeming to be reading or discussing.

Wolf and my owner moved towards one of the tables, it reached over my head and I stared blankly at the grass beneath me. I could hear the strangest sound, nearly like hushed whispers, I raised my head and scanned carefully around, unsure if I was imagining it.

I shuffled slightly away from the two distracted demons, my gaze finding a large tent, no demons seemed to go in there. I had thought it was just something unimportant, yet I could swear I heard voices.

I glanced around nervously before doing something stupid, my need to see another human was to powerful. I moved to my knees and lifted a corner of the heavy tent, seeing a line of cages like the one I had been in.

A hush quickly spread, the frightened and furious gazes of the other humans met mine. I gasped in surprise, unsure what to do now.

"Girl! What are you doing?!" Hissed a voice. I stared blankly at the speaker, regretting my choice more and more. I have no reason being here, all the people seem fed and watered, I need to return to my owner.

I quickly backed out and the tent flopped back into place, I bumped into something and squeaked, looking up anxiously to thankfully see wolf. I inched close to him, feeling the dangerous gaze of the other demons on me.

He nudged me back to the table and I hurried back to master, who stroked my head with his thumb, as if I'd never behaved disobediently.

It was loud as the demons discussed whatever they were discussing. I was safe from the sun as I sat tiredly under the table, away from the demons that walked around. As long as master and Wolf were around I know that I won't be murdered.

Suddenly chaos unfolded, rushed feet moved about and I cuddled my knees. Loud voices of the demons were shouting and roaring, even my owner and Wolf vanished in the chaos.

I whimpered and held myself tightly, unwilling to move in the chaos. The area emptied and no demon was around, I slowly inched myself out from under the table.

I stared in confusion as the demons dashed in and out of the building. Time flew and the air grew cold as I began to grow hungry and thirsty, already accustomed to him feeding me.

I sighed and looked around, knowing that I wouldn't be able to run at this point. Demon's run the world as far as I've known it, there's no place I could even go.

I huddled up under the table and waited anxiously, flinching at the sound of running feet. I glanced up to see Master peaking under the table at me. I moved out from under it and gazed up at him anxiously.

He lifted me up and hugged my body against his chest, carrying me towards the tent. I tensed up and pressed my face into his feathery chest. These humans are going to see me naked.

Is this my punishment?

I whimpered and heard a series of hushed voices. I gasped as new arms grabbed me, pulling me away from my owner. I watched Master talk with the demon that held me before stroking my head.

They carried me to a cage and I pulled up my knees, turning red at the sight of all the humans staring. I was set down inside of the cage and the gate closed, I could see my pet bed and bowls already inside. I gazed up at my owner as he chirped at me, the humans all quietly watching.

He turned away and left quickly, my heart broke.

Why was he leaving?

Is this really a punishment?

What if another demon hurts me?

I wriggled backwards to the pet bed, hiding my nude body with it. No longer did I feel hungry or thirsty, a strange hurt building up inside of me.

I bowed my head and ignored the people, unwilling to speak.

"Girl? What happened to you?" Questioned a woman, I looked up and quietly looked at her.

"He.... Looked after me" I finally said after a long moment of silence, to embarrassed to admit my position.

"Did.... You get used?" Asked someone, they spoke without much care for what they were saying.

"Used?" I croaked, unsure what they meant.

"Raped, your naked and they have no problem touching you" spat an angry voice, somehow sounding offended that I didn't know what was being insinuated.

"No! They didn't" I cried out, glaring in the direction of the rude voice.

"Shush! Don't be harsh on the girl!" Came the woman's voice again. I sighed and looked back at the tent entrance, hoping to see a familiar demon.

It remained dark, cold and empty. My heart broke, I'd convinced myself to be a pet, that he'd never let me die. Now that I sat in here, I felt as if I was on my death bed.

"Hey girl, you look like you've had practice, wanna make me feel good?" Whispered a voice, it came from the cage beside mine. I felt myself pale and I cuddled up with the heavy bed on top of me.

Disgusting. Why'd Master leave me here?