🌼Healing🌼

🌼As I said in the previous chapter this is in the master's POV! There will be some strange words, though most will be English.

Saundel: Human

Markeop: a human specific vet

Geder baby/daddy/mummy: basically fur baby/daddy/mummy lol

I think the rest should be self explanatory🌼

"Now the Markeop said to give her the medicine as soon as she wakes up, Laven, can you pass the relaxant stuff first?" Asked Zen, I stared at my whining pet, she lay stiffly beside us, fragile.

I handed him a bottle, the liquid thick and purple in colour. Zen wiped the wet rag over her face once more, by the way she calmed, I guess she must still be burning up.

I glanced at my claws and moved to stand.

"Stop, Laven. You can't keep washing them every few minutes. The only reason they were so dirty was because we were to tired to bathe. You didn't mean to stab her, you just thought she was falling. Just because you failed to catch her, doesn't make you bad" scolded Zen. He's always one for big pep talks.

"Zen, the Markeop said that the infection had nearly spread into her blood. She'd be in worse condition if I didn't notice her fever. I should of just let her fall onto the bed, instead of catching her." I muttered, guilt etched in each word.

Zen huffed and gently tapped the teat of the bottle to her lips, slowly squeezing the bottle. I watched her drink it, swallowing hungrily. I guess it must taste good, unlike her actual medicine.

I watched Zen wipe the rag gently, slowly cooling off her whole body. He was extra careful around her bandaged hip.

"You can help me here" commented Zen as I continued to quietly watch, he gave me a quick look.

"Sorry, I just, well he said not to have her stress out more then required and I don't want to scare her" I muttered, completely accepting that Zen was more experienced with pets.

"Fine. But I'm not going to be doing this by myself, I expect you to give her medicine before we feed her later" huffed Zen. He grabbed the bottle of medicine and put it to her lips.

She immediately coughed and spat out the stuff, weakly trying to push the bottle away from herself. Zen was gentle and he held her hands in one hand and the bottle with his other.

He sighed as she coughed. She's being so naughty.

"I know Minnie, I know. It's gross. But it's good for you" sympathised Zen, he gently let her hands go and lifted her chin, forcing her to swallow.

"Good girl, there you go Minnie." Cooed Zen encouragingly, I hate how jealous I was beginning to feel.

"How do you not tell her off for misbehaving?" I asked quietly, still unsure how to deal with the fact she had hit and attacked the Markeop.

"He explained it to you. It's not misbehaving, she's just scared and not sure what's happening. So she just needs you to understand that she's just a scared animal" hummed Zen, he fixed up her wet hair and seemed proud of himself.

He's so handsome.

"Zen, I never tell you how much I love you, enough" I murmured, he seemed to find that funny, before he lovingly nibbled at my neck.

"Cutie" he mumbled into my ear, coughing caught our attention. Zen gently wiped around her mouth, a soft look in his gaze.

"If Minnie could speak she'd say..." He grabbed her hands and slightly leant her upwards, "'Geder daddy, I love you, I forgive you for making a mistake'" he said in a dumb voice.

"Oh please, I wouldn't say that she's my Geder baby" I huffed, embarrassed about his joke.

"Fine. I'll be the Geder daddy and I'll make her love me more" teased Zen, gently wrapping a blanket over her.

"You are so weird, so charmingly strange" I muttered, he made a happy sound and dunked the now warm rag into a bowl of cold water.

I hesitantly reached forward to pat her head, she didn't seem afraid. Just sad. Why is my Minnie such a sad looking saundel?

"Remember, no telling her off for hiding away. I know you just want to show her how much you care, but animals don't always understand" stated Zen, he pressed his muzzle into the crook of my neck.

"I know" I mumbled, slowly getting my confidence up to patting her more, assured now that I wouldn't somehow hurt her again.

She's so cute.

I purred softly against Zen, thankful for his ever calming presence. Continuing even as I felt the humans tiny tongue lick at my hands before reacting in disgust.

Soap and disinfectant are not nice flavours.

Her eyes met mine and I really just wanted to pamper her, groom her and make her safe. Yet the Markeop said that since she's wild caught, that stuff is still stressful.

I moved from Zen to groom her face, the need to protect and comfort her to strong. Just her face, I'll just groom her face.

It's different grooming saundels, smoother and less natural, as if grooming a newborn. I purred softly, being gentle on the side of her face which had been hurt not long ago.

I really need to be more gentle...

The realisation of how possibly rough I'd been came to me when the Markeop was explaining the complete vulnerability and weakness of saundels.

Maybe I've been to harsh on little Minnie, Afterall she's very different to her violent kin.

"Laven? You're all caught up in your thoughts again. Let's leave her to rest, we need to get ready for a final cleanout anyway." Explained Zen, I nodded and enjoyed the sound of that.

I moved away from Minnie and stood with Zen, if we get the chance to finally finish all of this, the soldiers can defend the new border from other kingdoms.

"Yes then we go home and relax, then Minnie won't deal with assholes like Frais." I grumbled, still annoyed at the fact she'd been hurt.

Zen murmured softly into my ear and lead me out of the room. Ready to deal with the meeting.

Maybe after the meeting we can talk about going home.

🌼Did you guys notice the change in flowers? I was thinking of changing the flower in his pov so that I don't need to worry about writing that it's his point of view!🌼