Surprises

'Today was the big day,' Carina thought when she opened her eyes. It was still early, but she was wide awake. The arms around her tightened up as a raspy voice whispered next to her ear.
"Can't sleep anymore?"  She shook her head slightly as she turned in his embrace.
"I'm glad the meeting with your family went well, even if I'm not sure your mother is fond of me. However, today is another nerve-wracking event. I only hope that there will not be too much hate from your fans."
"Stop worrying," He told her while covering her face with kisses. "First of all, my mum loves you. She sent me a message yesterday evening when you were asleep, telling me how glad she is that she raised me so well to find such an amazing person as you. And as for the fans. You are ARMY too. How would you feel if you had been told the news?"
Carina slapped his arm.
"Ouch, what was that for?"

"That's because you could have woken me up to tell me that your mother adores me

"That's because you could have woken me up to tell me that your mother adores me. That was essential news. So for your reminder, everything related to family is important and should be reported to me immediately. You get it?" She told him with a pout that he kissed away instantly. "As for ARMY, I think the older ones will be supportive, but the younger fans will not understand your choice in love."
"They don't need to. This is my life and my choice." She could feel him putting all his whole love into their next kiss.

As they were sitting in the kitchen after breakfast, someone knocked on the door. Carina let Hoseok get it and could hear him as he greeted her friend Aurora. She knew she had to talk to her about what had happened between them.
Yesterday, she had already made up her mind that she couldn't stay mad at her for her actions. Yes, she had been hurt, but she was sure her BFF had a good reason to keep her relationship to herself.
Minutes later, Hobi came back with Aurora behind him. He pulled out the chair next to Carina and pointed to it to have a seat.
"Do you want some coffee?"  He asked, already on his way to get a mug.
"Yes, please, that would be lovely."
"Babe, make it strong with one sugar and some milk." Carina knew how Aurora preferred to drink her coffee.
Hoseok came back with the cup in his hands.
"Ladies, I will leave you alone now. Remember that you went through a lot together, so don't let this little thing come between you." He said, giving her a peck and leaving the two of them alone in the kitchen.
First, neither Carina nor Aurora initiated the talk. They only sipped at their drinks, exchanging a glance here and there.
"Carina? Are you still mad at me?" Aurora's soft voice indicated to Carina that she felt sorry for what she did.
"I'm not mad. Disappointed? Yes." Carina tried to show her friend how she felt deep down inside.
"Look I'm sorry. There were a lot of times I wanted to tell you."
"Why didn't you? Did you think that I would be against your relationship? I thought we could share anything." This had been the main question that whirled in Carina's mind since they arrived at the dorm two days ago.
"That's not it. When Jungkook and I kissed for the first time, you and Hobi were not talking to each other. So I felt bad that I could be with JK. Also, at that moment, I wasn't sure about my feelings or his." Carina could tell that Aurora's response was honest. She knew her BFF, and she could also see that the other women were sad about their existing situation.
When Aurora took her hand, she could see the emotions in her eyes.
You are my best friend. The one I trust with my life. This whole 'keep it a secret' was not easy for me. I was constantly avoiding spilling everything out to you, and that time you came to my apartment, and Mayla almost revealed Jungkook, who was hiding in my bedroom." Carina was shocked, to say the least, but had to hide a smile thinking about poor JK hiding in the bedroom.
"When was he there?"
"When you told me about your plan to go to LA. You remember Mayla trying to open my door, yelling Kookie. He was in my bedroom, and she wanted to show you."
Okay, that was too hilarious. She thought back at it and remembered how her friend told her daughter that there were no cookies in the bedroom. How wrong she was with that. What would have happened if Mayla had opened the door? Thinking about JK's surprised expression, if he had been exposed, was too hilarious.
"So, when I went to LA, Jungkook knew about my plan to be with Hoseok. And that's why you called him to go and talk to Hobi."
"Well, technically, I ask him to find Jimin to confront Hoseok."  Her BFF confessed with a blush.
They talked about more of the events that happened between Aurora and Jungkook.
"Are we good again?" Aurora asked Carina before leaving.
"Of course we are. Even if I would have preferred that you tell me all these things earlier. You know I love you and that little girl of yours." They both hugged, and Aurora added. "I promise not to keep secrets from you again. As for the interview today..."
"I'm glad I won't be alone in facing the not-so-encouraging comments of the fans. We are in this together, always."  Carina was glad that she could clarify the misunderstandings with her friend.