Chapter 21: Cassidy & Doctor Crane

Cassidy stood outside the pharmacy I'd arranged to meet her at, in a floral print dress and nude coloured heeled pumps. I scuttled on over in my checked shirt, torn jeans and scuffed sneakers and as soon as she'd found me, she smiled. I approached her and without warning, she hugged me.

"Stella! Gosh, I thought you were late then realised I was actually early, good lord, I'm so stupid," She laughed goofily, tossing her dark hair over her shoulders. "So, where are we going?" She asked, smiling perkily.

I pursed my lips and casually pointed to the pharmacy behind her. "There."

She turned around to stare at the pharmacy that loomed above her and then she looked at me, blinking in confusion. "In there?"

"Yup." I confirmed, blinking the rare sun out of my eye.

She squinted her eyes at me, still confused. "What for, painkillers?" She sarcastically asked and followed as I simply walked in, looking around. "For period pains? 'Cause I have some in my purse if you-"

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "A morning after pill."

I heard the clack of Cassie's shoes stop as she grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face her. I stared her straight in the eye, not intending to break it. She narrowed her eyes.

"You're being serious?"

I nodded.

She raised her brows and widened her eyes. "You're actually being-"

"Yes, Cass, I had sex. About time I stopped being a damn virgin, so stop acting like a ten year old about it." I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her arm as I continued searching for the pills as I strolled past the shelves.

"Who?" She excitedly cooed over my shoulder as she closely followed me around the store.

I swallowed. Y'know, just the Joker. "Um, dunno."

Cassidy tutted loudly and groaned in boredom. "Shut up, you do know who it is."

"I was drunk," I said, shrugging and tilting my mouth. "I couldn't see over my left shoulder let alone see whose dick was in my-"

"C'mon, Stell, I told you when me and Jonny first had sex!" She whinged.

"Jonny?" I raised a brow, never hearing her mention a 'Jonny' before.

She stared at me blindly before clearing her throat. "Uh, A-Alex. I meant Alex."

I stopped and folded my arms, glaring at her. "Are you cheating?"

"What? No! Are you kidding me? Alex is my life, you know how much I love him." Cassidy truthfully argued, holding both my hands.

"Is he even real? I've never seen the guy in my life, not even a picture." I said, growing suspicious.

She crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged. "It's a... private relationship. He doesn't want anyone to know..." She bit her lip. "You're the only one I've told."

I raised my brows. "What about your parents?"

She scoffed. "My dad would kill me if he knew I was dating anyone, never mind a... Alex." Cassidy changed the end of her sentence, only feeding my curiosity. Forget about the pills, I wanted to know who Alex actually was. If he even... was.

Still, I walked and searched, the topic still on my mind. "I barely know anything about him, Cass, only that he's 'wonderful and perfect and clever and smart and nerdy and mature and that I love him very, very much'," I mimicked her voice, smirking at her. "Oh, and that 'we fucked in the psych classroom this one time and it was the hardest I've ever come in my life'." I laughed, making her shush me loudly and hit my arm.