My Secret Life [Chap. 2]

Start from the beginning

I cracked a small smile. "I know. And even if I did at this age, it'd have to be with someone I really trust and love."

This is a really awkward conversation to be having with someone I just met, so I changed the subject.

"So, how did you discover this park?" I asked him.

"I was bored one day, and followed the path that lead to this place. How did you find it?"

"Uh, same way as you," I said a little too quickly. The truth is, one day my parents were being so terrible to me, that I ran away to this place.

"Mhmm," he replied, unconvinced.

I sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"Nothing," I replied as quickly as I had told him about how I found this park.

He saw right through me.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked me, sitting awfully close.

"Y-yes," I stuttered. Dammit.

"Mkay," he replied, once again unconvinced.

I sighed again. "I should probably get going. Need a ride home?" I asked him.

"Sure."

We gathered our stuff, and walked down the path to my car.

He gave me the directions to his house, which were very simple. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove us to his house. It was really quiet on the way there, so to break the awkward silence, I put in a CD by the band OneRepublic.

"This is my favorite band," I heard Ian say.

"Really? Mine too," I replied.

"Cool," he said.

After the first three songs were over, we were at his house.

"Want to come inside for a while?" he asked me.

"Um sure. Why not?"

His house was pretty big and really nice.

"Mom, dad, I'm home," Ian called.

His mom walked through the door way of which seemed to be the kitchen.

"Hello sweety," she replied, then she saw me standing there awkwardly. "And who might this gorgeous young lady be?" she asked Ian.

I blushed.

"This is my friend Alix. Alix, this is my mom Becca."

"Pleased to meet you," Becca said, while holding out a hand.

I shook her hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you too."

"Would you like to have dinner with us? I'm making chicken and corn on the cob."

"If it's not too much to bother, then yes. I'd love that."

She smiled. "Great. Well, the food will be ready in about an hour or two. Ian, why don't you show Alix around the house."

"Will do," he said. "This is the foyer," he told me, then took my hand and led me to the living room.

The living room had black leather furniture and a huge flat screen TV with glass tables on either side of the couches and love seat.

Then he led me to the kitchen that had stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops.

After that, he showed me the back yard which had a pool, a hot tub, and a huge shed.

Then we went to his room, leading me up the stairs and showing me the bathrooms and his parents room along the way.

His room was really neat.

He had a black bed in the middle of the room and a huge sterio with a book shelf next to it, filled with books.

There was a huge flat screen TV on the wall opposite from his bed with a Wii and DVD player hooked up to it. Underneath the Wii and DVD player was a huge selection of DVD's and Wii games.

"Wow," I said. "This is a nice room."

"Thanks," he replied, then smirked. "Wanna play?" he asked while pointing to the Wii.

"Which game?" I asked.

"Wii Party."

"Bring it," I replied.

After about a half hour of playing, I had won the first game and he had won the second. Then his mom called us downstairs for dinner.

"The loser of the last game has to drive the winner to and from school and the park for a week," Ian declared as we walked down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"And to the coffee shop," I told him.

"There too I guess," he replied.

We sat down at the table.

Then his dad walked in to the room. "Who's this?" he asked.

"I'm Alix," I replied, while holding out a hand.

"I'm David," he said, and shook my hand.

"Christian, get your butt down here for dinner," Becca called up the stairs.

Ian had a brother? He never mentioned that.

His brother walked down the stairs and too the kitchen. He looked just like Ian, except maybe a year older and had snake bite piercings instead of just a single lip ring.

"Who is this fine lady?" he asked.

I blushed. "I'm Alix."

"Christian," he replied, and sat down in the empty seat next to me.

I looked over at Ian and he looked pissed off.

I sighed and took a bite of my chicken. Boys. They get so jealous so fast.

When I was finished eating, Ian and I went back upstairs.

I lost the last game. "Dammit," I cursed unhappily.

He laughed. "Victory is mine."

"Looks like I'll be here to pick you up tomorrow. I go to the coffee shop every morning at about six and stay there till seven, then I go to school. Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow to go to the coffee shop? Or do you want me to pick you up after that?"

"I'll go to the coffee shop with you," he replied.

"Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow," I said while walking out the front door. "Bye."

"Bye Alix," he replied, and closed the door behind me.

By now it was about nine thirty.

I hopped in my car and drove off to the hell hole I call my house.