Chapter 17

Trigger warning: mentions of rape. Read at your own risk. Don't read if easily triggered.

Bold is when they are using telepathy

Hope's POV:

    I titled my head looking at him. He raised an eyebrow, "what?" "You don't look like an Albert," I said. He really doesn't seem like his name would be Albert.

   He chuckled, "well what do I look like then?" I shrugged, "I don't know definitely not Albert. Anyway I'm pretty sure you already know my name."

   Albert nodded. "Yes I do Miss Hope Andrea Mik-Abernathy," he corrected himself at the end. I titled my head confused. What was he gonna say.

  "Why did you hesitate on my last name? What were you gonna before correcting yourself." He hesitated on answering. "No lies remember?" I told him.

  He sighed but nodded. "I was going to say Mikaelson," he said. Okay. "Is that my bio family's last name?," I asked. Albert stared at me in shock. I don't know why though.

   "You know that you are adopted?" I nodded. Of course I know. "Yes. My mom told when I was 11 and showed me the letter and necklace. I just never knew their last name. I want to know how they could work for Umbrella. How could you work for Umbrella knowing what they created?" I asked looking at him.

   He shook his head. "Your bio family doesn't work for them. They never did. Hell the Mikaelson's probably don't know anything about Umbrella or what it is. What ever Umbrella told you was a lie."

   I figured that. All Umbrella know is to tell lies. I knew deep down that I wasn't related to anybody from Umbrella. "Yeah I had a feeling. Mom actually told me after triggering my curse and learning I had magic that I couldn't have been related to her boss. I think that was one of the reasons why she wanted to take me away from them. They just wanted to use me for my powers," I told him.

  Mom did say I look nothing like her boss. I'm just grateful mom and dad got me and not him. I couldn't imagine what he would have me do. "Your mom Alice was gonna take you away? How?"

  I hesitated before answering. "She was trying to bring Umbrella down with outside help. She had security codes that would help, then when everything was done she saw gonna take me far away from them. She was trying to give a normal life, well as normal as I could be I guess."

He nodded probably understanding why she would do that. We stayed silent for a little bit. I cleared my throat and leaned forward a little. "What about you. Why did you join Umbrella?" I raised an eyebrow.

He swallowed thickly. "I joined them to try and take them down from the inside. And I will if it's the last thing I do," he scowled lost in thought. "What did Umbrella do to you?" I asked concerned for the way he's acting.

He took a deep breath. "They ruined my life! My sister was all I had left and they- they," he stopped and took a second to compose himself. I got up and sat next to him then payed my hand on his giving a slight squeeze.

He let out a shaky breath. "They kidnapped her so she can be a test subject. She was only 12 years old. I was 18 coming home from school when I got a call from her school saying there was an incident and my sister was taken," tears started going down his face.

"I tried a locator spell but it didn't work somehow who ever took her blocked me. The police found her three months later in an alley naked, bloody and bruised with needle marks all over her arms. There was two holes on her neck that I knew was from a vampire. I knew it was Umbrella from the marks but the police didn't believe me. They r-raped my sister and the police didn't care. So I took matters into my own hands and joined Umbrella to take them down and find the ones who dared to touch my sister in such a way and make them pay," he said with tears streaming down his face.