Chapter 30 - Neglected Again

Friday watched Rai's match with gleaming eyes, very impressed with the butler's swift fighting skills. He whistled after the handsome brown-haired butler landed the finishing blow to his opponent.

The further they climbed up Heavens Arena, the stronger the opponents they have to face - a single chop on the neck wasn't sufficient anymore. So, he has to advise Illumi to at least break a bone or two to completely destabilize his opponents during Stop Time. It would be a problem that after Stop Time, the opponent was still standing because --

Friday could only use this ability twice a day. Just enough to fight the two matches.

Thinking about it for a second, Friday concluded that having the ability to stop time was a painful ability to have.

So many limitations and conditions!

He can't just use it all willy nilly like Hisoka's Bungee Gum.

Before Friday grew more envious of Hisoka's Bungee Gum that has the property of both rubber and gum, the twins interrupted his thoughts. 

"He should have let us fight too. We could have gotten more screen time." While playing with her light brown hair, Val sighed. Her blue eyes stared at Rai with annoyance.

Lav nodded before yawning, sitting back on his seat comfortably. "True, but fighting is too much of a hassle."  Lav turned to look at Friday and Illumi, "But for my bosses, I'll fight a million battles for them."

Val lightly hit his brother in the head, "Young Masters, bro. Young Masters, not bosses." Val pinched his brother's side, making Lav frown from the pain. "We're not that anymore," Val reminded her brother softly.

"...Sorry. Bosses just sounded better." Lav scratched his dark brown hair, looking at his sister apologetically with his own set of blue eyes.

Friday observed the twins who were only 14-year-olds this year. He remembered taking the two into the Zoldyck household two years ago. They have changed quite a bit.

"I told you two this before. How about you two just call me Milluki?" Friday curved his lips into a smile. He doesn't really like being called Young Master or Boss, to be honest.

The twins stopped bickering and shook their heads frantically at Friday's words. 

In unison, they said, "We can't do that, Young Master Milluki. That's one of the things we will never dare to do."

Illumi finally said something after listening quietly, "Didn't you guys called us 'a piece of sh•t' before?"

"Urk!" The twins sat up straight and looked at Illumi with narrowed eyes, "Boo~ You bra-, we mean, Young Master Illumi, please don't bring up the past..."

Friday placed his hand on Illumi's shoulder, "It's all good now."

Seeing Rai returning, the twins shut up. They straightened out their posture, and their face became dull as a statue. They didn't want to be scolded.

Witnessing the twin's changed of character, Friday couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

---

Soon it was Illumi's turn to fight. His opponent was way another level than those who they faced on the lower floor, giving Illumi a hard time. However, Illumi still beat his opponent's ass into a pulp after a couple of minutes of exchanging some fists.

When Illumi got back to the seats, Friday noticed a bruise on one of the kid's cheek.

Illumi quickly noticed his brother's stare and took Friday's small hand and placed it on his uninjured cheek. "You can still pinch this side of my cheek, brother."

"..." Friday doesn't understand this kid's train of thought. "Just be careful, next time."

The kid nodded before he sat down next to Friday.

Not much time passed when Friday's match started as well.

---

Illumi nervously watched his brother standing in the fighting ring, his fingers fidgeting on the bomb controller. If he remembers clearly, his brother's opponent was that guy in the waiting line.

He watched as the martial art fighter spoke something to his brother. His brother looked baffled for a second before shaking his head with a carefree smile. As an assassin, Illumi could read their lips, knowing that the martial arts fighter just offered to have a deathmatch.

"I wonder what they're talking about~?"

Hearing a familiar voice, Illumi turned around to the side to see the annoying red-haired youth beside him. To sneak up on him, Illumi was probably too focused, or Hisoka used Hatsu.

Illumi didn't answer and returned to focusing on his brother's match. He couldn't be distracted and not pushed the button once the referee starts the fight. Rai and the twins also became aware of Hisoka's presence, but as long as the youth doesn't cause trouble, they ignored him.

Neglected again, Hisoka, "..."

Hisoka shrugged and continued talking to Illumi. "Does your brother even have the ability to beat up his opponent? The way he's standing, he looks like he doesn't know how to fight~."

"..." Illumi didn't answer him.

The red-haired youth swept his eyes on the Illumi, then Rai, the twins, to the little boy on the stage.

95, ..., 77, 75...23

Still young, Hisoka hasn't reached his full strength.  The numbers of everyone could change in the following years. At the moment, Hisoka is slightly stronger than Illumi. Rai, Hisoka can't defeat him yet, which excites him. The twins could give him a hard time, but he could probably kill them. The little boy on the stage? Hisoka doesn't even want to fight such an unexciting toy.

After quickly scanning the group, the bomb controller in Illumi's hand caught Hisoka's attention.

Before Hisoka could ask what it was, Illumi pressed the button since the referee finally started the match.

[Stop Time Activated!]

Author's Note:

Hisoka: Senpai, notice me!

Everyone:...

---

3 chapters in a row~. Woo~.

How do you guys like it so far? The plot is slow, I know. -w-

Thanks for reading and all of the support!