Chapter 17.5 - Welcome to the Family

In Zeno's arms, Friday's eyes were shining in excitement as the old man took him beyond the door of his room out to the Chinese-themed hallway.

Seeing the elaborate gold designs drawn on the red velvet walls and wall lamps made of jade, Friday was reminded how filthy rich these Zoldycks are.

Zeno passed by some closed wooden doors, each one having their own beautiful pattern. Friday looked at them with curiosity, but sadly not one of them was their destination.

Friday looked up at the old man, who quickly noticed his gaze. He only gave the baby a grin, not revealing anything.

When they finally made their way out of the hallway, a fancy arched staircase and a dimly lit crystal chandelier came to view. However, those pale in comparison to the massive door down below. As Zeno climbed down the stairs, the image on the doors became clearer. Two golden dragons were carved on to the door, so intricately detailed that they look like they'll come alive at any moment.

Two servants were guarding the door. When they saw Zeno, they bowed down to him. Seeing that Zeno wants to go out, one of them politely asked if he wants them to open the door since he's holding a baby. Zeno declined, giving the servant a scoff for underestimating his abilities.

After ordering the servants to move aside, Zeno effortlessly pushed open the heavy door with one hand, making the servants look at him with awe.

A gust of wind hit Friday's face, making him blink a few times before finally seeing what's before him.

When they said that the Zoldyck mansion is located at the peak of the mountain, they weren't kidding...

Friday became breathless as he watched the sunrise above the sea of clouds.

"Welcome to the family, Milluki."

Perhaps, due to the perfect combination of the view in front of him and Zeno's words, Friday unconsciously shed a tear.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading and all the support!