Chapter 57 - Bad Teacher

"Heh." Friday didn't comfort the dejected system who was playing matchmaker. If it weren't for everyone's age at the moment, he anticipated that the missions would be more shameless.

Not that Friday minded being debauch. For him, it would be like fish swimming in the water. He would enjoy playing their game while luring them into a sweet trap. However, the time is not appropriate.

Soon after, Pietro finished taking a shower and approached Friday while drying his hair with a towel. "Teacher, the shower's free now." Noticing his teacher was being quiet, he tapped the man's shoulder. "...Is there anything wrong?"

Pietro's pretty face came into view, pulling Friday out of his thoughts of the future. After thinking about what was to come, Friday couldn't help but feel troubled.

He would eventually go back to the Zoldyck's estate and he knew then that it was incredulous to bring Pietro or Leorio with him. When Friday decided to make Pietro and Leorio his apprentice, from the beginning, he intended to fail them. He was just trying to get closer so he could finish that damned Second Option Mission.

"...Pietro, I think you followed a bad teacher."

Pietro raised the corner of his lips, "I know, but I think teacher is good in your own way." The man was the wanted criminal responsible for all the hacking, but also the man who saved his life.

Friday played with his fingers before opening and closing his hands.

Pietro observed the handsome man whose eyes were dropping down before clasping the man's hands. He was about to say some comforting words, but the man interrupted him with laughter.

The man ruffled his hair per usual before grinning as if the man's brooding was just Pietro's imagination. He watched the man hum in delight as he made his way to the bathroom.

In the shower, with warm water pouring on his head, Friday closed his eyes and asked the system some questions. He doesn't know when or if ever he will meet Pietro again, so he better do it now.

Can I technically just kiss the boy's forehead to complete the mission?

"Yes, Host. The mission doesn't specify the location of the kiss."

So, is it OK if I send Val and Lav to delete Pietro's memory about me? Because I don't want to leave psychological trauma on the child.

"Stop being lazy, Host! The Target must be aware and remain aware that the mission is done to them by the Host."

...Well, shit.
—-

The next morning they returned to Marilyn Inc. to assist Ging with a puzzle so Friday could finally obtain the missing piece of his plan.

He thought it would be an incredibly complex problem with a more incredibly complex solution, but Friday was met with five cups of black liquid in front of him.

Ging smiled. "I've been researching assassins lately. From my intel, assassins are highly immune to poisons. Among these five cups, some may be poisoned. Guess the number correctly and the prize is yours."

It was only them in the room. Busy with catching up with game development, Ickshonpe was stuck coding in his office, while Pietro was asked to stay outside.

The green-eyed man glanced at Ging before picking up a cup and taking a sip. He continued until he had taken sips from all the cups.

Ging didn't look worried and just kept an amused eye on him.

"Mr. Freecss, you have great taste." Friday closed his eyes. "The total number of poisoned cups is 5." They were all deadly poisons too.

The man applauded, satisfied with the answer that confirmed his hypothesis. He found it funny that the assassin didn't try to conceal his identity, but Ging chose not to confront the assassin about it.