Dazai | Work buddies 4

This is a long chapter oof 3000 words
I'm sorry
________________________
It had been a little over a week since you got your revenge on Dazai at the steps of your apartment and you would be lying to yourself if you didn't say it still made you laugh. Luckily or unfortunately Dazai hadn't crossed your path since that night. The day after the incident you barely caught a glimpse of him leaving the office heading out on an important mission at the request of Fukazawa. It was some kind of infiltration mission he and Atsushi were tasked with. They had been gone for quite a long time so it must have been a difficult one. It worried you a bit and you grew more impatient each passing day.

Being a regular office worker at the agency you didn't have full access to the details of the missions the members were sent on, however you managed to bribe Ranpo into giving you some information. It took four chocolate bars and two ramune sodas but if it meant you'd get to know where your favorite member was headed you knew it was worth it. After reading the files you felt a lot better. Turns out he and Atsushi would be perfectly fine. Their mission didn't seem like a dangerous one after all in fact you weren't sure why they were selected specially for it.

They were tasked with solving a missing persons incident in a small village not too far outside the city. People had been disappearing into the forest surrounding the village for a number of weeks now and the villagers suspected some kind of supernatural affliction was taking place. It was most likely an ability user with a grudge against the towns folk getting their revenge. Dazai was probably sent to nullify the ability and Atsushi was most likely there as extra muscle (and to keep Dazai at hand). No Port Mafia involvement, no dangerous criminals just a simple missing persons case.

Letting the files slide out of your hands onto your desk you leaned back with a sigh of relief. You looked up to the ceiling and closed your eyes for a couple of seconds letting the worry leave your body. Dazai knew that you had a crush on him now due to the stunt you pulled and you knew that he felt the same so you hoped he'd have a little more caution with his life from now on.

You opened your eyes halfway and started to stare at the blinking red light from the fire alarm on the roof. You recalled a conversation you overheard between Yosano and Tanizaki a couple of days before. They were talking about Dazai's mission and when the two men would be returning.

You remember Yosano saying something about the 5th and today just so happened to be the 5th. A glimmer of hope began to form inside your mind at the thought of seeing Dazai at some point today. You were over your revenge phase and were actually beginning to get excited to see him. Sure he still made butterfly's appear in your stomach everytime he spoke to you and made your cheeks heat up but things were going to be different now.

There was no need to fear rejection anymore after all you now knew how he felt. The nerves weren't going to go away anytime soon but at least you could speak to him with a level head. You began to think of all the things you would be able to talk to him about until your mind started to wander.

Sure Dazai said he liked me but that was over a week ago and I haven't seen him since.
What if his feelings have changed since then?
What if he's mad at me for what happened on the steps?
Maybe he won't even want to speak to me when he gets back.

*Slap*

You lightly slapped the sides of your face with both your hands to snap out of the rabbit hole you were creating. You knew Dazai he wasn't the kind of person to play with someone's feelings like that, right? You lowered your hands from you face before sitting up to look out the window. Another rainy day in Yokohama. You began to wonder if Dazai and Atsushi had gotten caught in the rain and maybe they were running trying to avoid getting wet.