Ministry of Magic

Ministry of Magic

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all gathered together after flushing ourselves inside the ministry. We were all disguised as workers from the Ministry using polyjuice potion. Harry as Albert Roncon, Hermione as Mafalda Hopkirk, Ron as Reg Cattermole, and I was Amelia Bones. Hermione froze staring at a statue standing in the middle of the Ministry. It had muggles under pure-blood witches and wizards, suffering.

"Are those..."

"Muggles," Hermione answered Harry, "In their rightful place."

"Gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit," Ron said.

"How long did you say this batch of Polyjuice would last, Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I didn't."

"Right, remember what I said. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Just try and act normal. Do what everybody else is doing," I said taking a deep breath, "Umbridge's office is two floors down, follow me."

We stuck together close the entire time, not leaving each other's side for even a second. I led them towards an empty lift pushing through all the busy wizards and witches. "Cattermole," Just as the door was about to close, Yaxley stopped the door. I never really saw him around the ministry, just know his coworkers hated him. "It's raining in my office, two days now," He said.

"Have you tried an umbrella?" Ron asked.

"You do realize I'm going downstairs, don't you, Cattermole?"

"Downstairs?"

"To interrogate your wife. Now, if my wife's blood status were in doubt and the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement needed a job doing, I think I might just make that a priority. You have one hour," He said walking away and letting the door close. I quickly grabbed onto the handles dangling from the ceiling of the lift before it started to move while Hermione, Ron, and Harry jumped, unaware of the sudden movement before grabbing on.

"Oh, my God. What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs," Ron said.

"Ron, you don't have a wife," Harry replied.

"Oh, right. But how do I stop it raining?"

"Try 'Finite Incantatem.' Always works," I said.

"Level two, Department of Magical Law Enforcement and Improper Use of Magic Department"

"This is you, Ron," I said nudging him, practically pushing him out.

"Finite Incantatem. Okay. And if that doesn't work...?" Before anyone could answer Ron, the lift started moving again.

"Level 1, Minister of Magic and support staff".

"If we don't locate Umbridge within the hour we go find Ron and come back another day. Deal?" Harry said as the lift slowed down to make a stop.

"Yes," Hermione replied. The lift came to a full stop and the door opened revealing Umbridge wearing the locket around her neck and the same exact pink outfit she wore the entire time at Hogwarts. Nothing has changed about her.

"Ah, Mafalda. Travers sent you, did he? Good, we'll go straight down," She said stepping inside the lift. Hermione, Harry, and I all stiffened trying to get as far away from her as possible inside the lift.

"Albert, aren't you getting out? And... Amelia? What are you doing here?" Umbridge furrowed her eyebrows looking at me. Why would I not be here? Amelia Bones is the head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement known for being unbiased. No, Yaxley said he was the head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement... Right, the ministry is now under the control of Voldemort. Makes sense she'd be fired.