Year 5-5 | Dumbledore's Army (1)

(A/N) This chapter is like one of my supporting chapters? Usually filled with dialogue and transitions to support the next upcoming chapters. Basically background setting

"Foul evil gargoyle! We're not learning how to defend ourselves, we're not learning how to pass our OWLs, she's taking over the entire school" Hermione said walking around the common room as Ron moved his piece on the wizard's chess board.

"Checkmate" Ron smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and threw a sickle at him leaning against the couch.

"...Furthermore we have convincing evidences that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murder Sirius Black" Harry turned up the radio. A couple muggleborn witches and wizards have been disappearing lately, definitely the work of you know who but the ministry is too scared to admit it. Sirius Black's name was still not cleared so it would be the best idea to frame him.

"Harry!" Sirius's face appeared above the fireplace. I nudged Ron who leaned in forward to look at the fireplace and Harry quickly rushed over kneeling in front of him.

"You said you were worried about Umbridge, what's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?"

"Sirius she's not letting us use magic at all" Harry said as Hermione knelt beside him.

"Well i'm not surprised, latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat. He thinks Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the ministry. The others wouldn't want me telling you this Harry, but things aren't going all well with the order. Fudge is breaking the truth of his return and these disappearances, is just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move"

"Well what can we do?"

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I couldn't be more of a help but for now at least, it looks like you're on your own" Sirius said disappearing into the fire as the door opened and the Patil sisters walked in. Long silence filled the common room. Ron fidgeted with the sickle he had earned from me and the rest of us sat in silence, thinking.

"We've got to be able to defend ourselves. If Umbridge refuses to teach us how, we need someone who will" Hermione said breaking the silence looking directly at Harry.

"Me? No- Who would want to be taught by me?"

"Us" Ron said shrugging,
"Neville" Hermione added,
"Luna Lovegood" I also added on,
"Ginny" Ron added in once again,
"Fred and George" Hermione continued,
"Cho Chang" I sighed before saying the name.

"I really can't teach, I'm not even good at- at this" Harry took a deep breath in between his sentences. He was getting frustrated again. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me from the from the ground.

"You'll be a great teacher Harry, Hermione Ron and I will be there to help you". His eyes trailed down from my eyes and back at the floor slowly and didn't reply.

"We'll tell people to come out, Ron can ask Ginny, Fred and George. I'll ask Neville and uhm.. Cho Chang" Hermione looked at me unsure.

"I'll ask Luna" I replied nodding.

"Great but where would we meet?" Ron asked Hermione looking down at her.

"Hog's Head? Well it would be better if we were undetected you know.."

"Sounds good Hermione"

***
I made my way inside the forbidden forest in hopes to find Luna. She spends most of her time in the forests with magical creatures since she's an 'outcast' to the other Ravenclaw students. I walked towards the group of Thestrals where I had seen Luna the last time I came here. One of the thestral noticed me and an lowly walked towards me rubbing it's head on my hands.