•| Chapter 13 | Part 1 |•

F/n's POV

"You look nice in that, it's cute." He got up from the chair, i blushed at his compliment nodding silently, too shy to say anything.

"Where's your bolo-tie...?" I asked quietly, pulling on the cuff of my sleeve.

"Oh, I think-" He looked over his desk,  "I think It's in my jacket." he replied, reaching for the tan coat slipping it on, revealing the emerald pendant from his pocket, he looped it over his head. I smiled with approval strolling up to him.

I stood behind him to the side, waiting for him to open the door. during the short pause he took my hand and began walking us both through the corridors. I simpered to myself.

"So, are you feeling better?" His voice hummed down to me with a soft smile.

"Y-yes, thank you." My voice wobbled a little, looking up at him. He chuckled quietly, lassoing his arm around my head. Pulling me closer to him. I giggled.

"I'm glad, you really had me worried," He laughed nervously, lots of relief urged behind his amusement.

"T-thank you, Oh! I'm sor-" He stopped me by placing his hand over my mouth.

"Oi- No apologising-" He stopped, letting his hand go quickly, realising it was pressed on the injured side of my face. "Oh- Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry." He mumbled repeatedly under his breath.

I giggled at him "I'm okay- y-your not aloud to apologise either" he smiled at me, his hand resting on my head.

"N/N!!!!" a high pitch voice squealed from a distance. I turned around slowly before being taken off and into the air "I MISSED YOU! OH MY WALLS!" the brunette wailed, tears splashed against the glass panels of her spectacles.

I gripped my hands on Hanji's shoulders as she began shaking me, ranting at the top of her lungs. Erwin stood behind her, looking like he just saw a titan. "YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY 'BYE'!" she sobbed, soon noticing the blonde Lieutenant who had snapped out of his trance his expression shifting into a glare. "Ehhh aha! -But! That's okay, you're back now!" she smiled excitedly.

"Hanji- Calm down..." He laughed, attempting to reach for me and failing.  She wrapped her arms tighter around my waist before sliding me back down to level-ground. Taking a minute regaining her breath, I linked myself timidly back with Erwin's hand.

Once Hanji noticed, it triggered her to go into fan-girl mode.

(Time skip)

we all sat in the veterans quarter, Once again when Nanaba and Mike saw me, they came rushing over asking about everything, I kept nodding in reply to their questions. The fact that mike actually got concerned surprised me since he was always quiet and looked grumpy... not to mention him sniffing me every time we met.

Everyone was chatting around the table, laughing at one another, I sat between Hanji and Nanaba (Hanji started messing around with my hair again) While Nanaba was rubbing my back and the bandage on my cheek.

I could hear her muttering death threats about it under her breath, while Mike sat looking both concerned and terrified.

the conversation died down as everyone began eating their meals.

I sat at the table nibbling at the odd-looking porridge, my jaw aching a bit. "N/n! what do you want to do when your older?" Hanji asked, finally settling with styling my hair in a low pony tail, trailing down my back.

"I- uh, I'm not too sure..." I began, reaching for my drink taking a sip "I think I want to work here! M-maybe as a nurse? J-just as long as I can stay with my dad-" I stopped, choking on my water.

My face flushed a deep red, Dad-. I glanced quickly at Erwin through the corner of my eye focusing through the thin sheet of stray H/c locks, which had fallen forward messily.

Was I being selfish calling him that? Just because he said a couple kind things to me? ...What if he didn't want that? Am I just being a burden by thinking we have that sort of bond? Oh, no... Did I just mess everything up again...?

Panic dragged everywhere inside me. I opened my mouth to apologise, my mind blank and confused with what to say.

(Credit to artist)