•| Chapter 12 |•

Erwin's POV

I could hear quiet breaths whisper onto my face, I looked down to F/n who was sleeping in the same position I left her in, on-top of my chest her face bundled into my shirt. sunlight peered through the curtains, filling the room with a calming orange glow.

F/n let out a small sigh, clenching my shirt fabric, opening her eyes gradually adapting to the light. she looked up at me, her face timid and surprised obviously forgetting the night before. I laughed softly, flipping her over, folding ourselves onto my side. cuddling her back tightly against me.

"Morning." I mumbled lazily, resting my chin on her head.

"G-good morning." she replied in confusion, I locked both our hands. rubbing her palm in a circular-motion with my thumb. Her heart rate relaxing.

"Later today -If your feeling up to it. Could you show me some of the drawings in your book?" I smiled, trailing the bridge of her nose up with my thumb.

"Um, sure. If you like..." she replied, a small smile was visible on her side-profile. The both of us dozed off into a mild nap before opening my eyes suddenly, remembering her injuries from the day before. I looked quickly down at her face;

The visible cuts had healed, however where the main wound F/n had received was coated with a bandage along her cheekbone, slight bruising scarfed her neck. and a bandage wrapped around her calf. Other than that, she seemed perfectly fine.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked sadly, caressing her bandaged cheek gently, she nodded lightly. Tucking her face under the brim of the quilt. "Do you want to get some breakfast? everyone will be happy to see you, they got worried about you, y'know." I chuckled. nestling my face into the back of her hair.

"Really?" Her voice surprised, holding my hand tightly.

"Of course, We were all concerned about you!" I smiled softly, placing a light kiss on her forehead. A couple seconds passed of silence. I exhaled deeply, waiting for her response.

she squeezed my hand tightly, petting my wrist with her fingertips.

"Yeah, can we go...I don't want anyone to worry," she leaned her head back to look up at me innocently, her pretty blue eyes meeting mine.

I smirked happily. "If you feel okay, then of course." I replied, dragging my hand through my hair. "I'll let you get changed," slowly letting her go and getting up from the bed.

"O-okay," She replied cheerfully, sitting upright, I examined her for a moment, giving a quiet chuckle at her before leaving the room.

F/n POV

"O-okay,"

I beamed over at Erwin before he left the room.

for the first time in a while...I felt Happy.

I searched through my bag rooting for some clean clothes, picking out a green flannel button up shirt along with a black tiered skirt and a pare of the matching shade hiker boots. I didn't bother tying my H/c hair back. letting it fall freely. As i clothed myself I tried to think of last nights events. I remember talking with Erwin, and crying... a lot.

Before leaving the room, I looked in the mirror which was hung on the wall beside the door. A bandage was plastered along my cheekbone, several barely visible grazes were sprinkled across my face.

My bottom lip quivered slightly, remembering what had happened...

Clearing my throat and rubbing my eye, brushing off the memory as I walked into the office where Erwin was sat waiting. he wore a new white shirt, his hair now neatly parted. He smiled at me.