•| Chapter 10 |•

Erwin's POV

I paced around my office. The sun was starting to set, its blinding glow peeked from the horizon. Hanji had caught me tumbling through HQ in search for the medical room.
I managed to deliver F/n back safely, Hanji was fixing her up in the bedroom. I rubbed the tip of my knuckle gently. glancing towards my desk, where a white envelope that sat on the table. The same envelope that Darius had left for me, minutes before F/n had arrived...

I reached for the letter, slipping into my chair, my eye skimming the title.

Dear E. Smith
Corporal-Regiment. Survey Corps

The hand-writing was neat and elegant.

M/n...

I opened the envelope carefully with a small blade, hesitant to continue.

*

Dear Erwin,

It's M/n. I'm not sure what to say... I'm writing this letter in-case, what I fear may happen, if I'm not present for the next chapter of F/n's life.
F/n our daughter. I apologise for keeping her from you, but you must understand I thought I was doing the right thing. For you, and our baby.

You always came home from work stressed, trying to keep our marriage happy and I saw how much stress that would put you in. following you and your fathers dream and trying to care for me? You were always back at late hours... It was horrible to see in such states. However, when I found out about F/n, I knew that if I was to express the news to you, you would give up on your work, give up on your dream... just for us.
And so, I left.

I had myself transferred to a different hospital, so whatever appointments I would have were untraceable. I met Dacian after F/n was born, I couldn't protect her like you would have been able to, my salary was enough to buy ourselves into the capital,
To which I now believe was probably the worst decision of my life.

Dacian didn't want paying, just food and a roof over his head...
-you must understand, there was absolutely nothing between us! he was obviously interested in me and my appearance, but I adore you and F/n so, so much. I never once and never will remove our wedding ring, and for that, I think that's what triggered everything to happen...

I swear, I would have taken our little girl far away from him! He threatened me, he threatened to hurt her! I had nowhere else to go, we're both are very familiar with the reality within the walls...
I wish that I had just come back to you. N/n, she's never done anything wrong, she doesn't deserve what's happened. She's beautiful, she has your eyes its impossible to be angry with her...

I know that you'll understand, well, at least I hope you understand. I want you to take care of her. I know that you will make her happy and keep her safe... I love you. I never stopped, the day we got married still makes me smile. Don't forget that.

I love you

M/n

*

M/n I'm sorry. I will take care of F/n.

the bedroom door opened, Hanji scuttled out. Yeah their brow furrowed, They looked at me and back at the letter "Is she alright?" I demanded, trying to look past them, into the bedroom. They put their arms up pushing me away from the door

They looked startled "She's fine! just bruising and scratches-" they patted my shoulder nervously. "Have you spoken to the Military police?"

"-I've already received notification that Dacians being held in custody- Can I see her? now?" I pleaded, cutting them off. They're face blushed, smiling at me.

"Yes! Of course, just take it easy with her..."