•| Chapter 6 |•

Erwin's POV

"I'll get it."

"Hello? can I help you?" I leaned to the left, against the door frame. Coming face to face with a man, his cold eyes and hair were the same dark hue, his face chiselled and sharp. A heavy aroma of smoke and alcohol odoured off his shabby jacket. Light footsteps hobbled closely, F/n was stood behind me peeking round the corner of the door.
The visitor cleared his throat, focusing his dodgy glare on me "I'm here for F/n." F/n? did Darius send for him? I presumed I would have been notified if such actions were due to take place... I glimpsed down to the top of F/n's head, her attention already possessed.

"Sorry, who are you?" I asked, shielding F/n with the door.

"The names Dacian." he smirked, shoving his hand into his jacket pocket. "I'm M/n's housemate."

housemate.

Everything clicked, I watched his eyes wonder down towards F/n who's small figure had moved away and was now standing further behind me. "F/n c'mon, we're going back home." he called out, his stare seeking her small-self out, she noticeably took reluctantly steps forward. I grabbed her arm gently, but hard enough to hold her in position.
I don't trust him. Zackly had said they were currently trying to find M/n's roommate before, Without doubt he would have messaged me, about F/n being transferred.

"M/n left her with me." I answered sharply, my answer made his eyes flinch back to me into a piercing stare.

"Oh, I see." his voice hollowed, from the first look his appearance was one of those you'd be fearful of without having to get to know them, but now in this case. His aura even made me feel uneasy. "So since she's you daughter. you think you can look after her? You think you can re-parent her now?" I loosened my grip on F/n, letting my arm drop to my side. That's impossible...No. Its possible, but so unbelievable- almost six years ago when M/n left, put that with F/n's age...no-But- It would make more sense to assume he would be her father...? M/n wouldn't keep our child a secret from me. She knows that I would stick by her side- ...Our child? Is he delusional? At the minute him reeking like a tavern would start to make sense with his current accusations.
My mind had gone blank, I wasn't sure what to say. I don't know what to say.

A grin had crawled onto Dacian's face "Well, Judging by your face you didn't even fucking know!" he snarled "good job on attempting to raise the kid, hell. you probably don't even know her birthday!" He folded his arms, claiming his advantage.
"Your physical proof that a couple drops of the same blood doesn't mean shit." He mocked, knowing exactly that i wasn't able to argue back, "Heh, I don't blame M/n from keeping the kid from you!" It was like a pack of wolves surrounding the runt, taking hits when given the opportunity. His quick flare of a temper was repelling to me, and what for? Rejecting his trade for F/n?
I looked back down at the h/c girl, her beryl blue eyes looked up at me with alarm and innocence, obviously unaware of what we're even discussing probably.

Dacian took a step closer, till he was inches from my ear. "Honestly Smith, I'm more of a father than you'll ever bloody be. Hmph, How 'bout you go back to being oblivious of her damn existence." he spat his words with venom, I stood paralysed, my gut felt like it had been punched several times. over and over and over again.

Before turning on his heel, he wrapped his hand around F/n's arm, trailing her away from me. I stood in the doorway just watching as the little girl stumbled to keep up beside him.

F/n's POV

"Honestly, Smith..."

I didn't understand what was happening, whatever they were speaking about left Erwin speechless. And now what? Dacians rough fingertips clenched around my skin, pulling my along, why was Erwin just standing there? Why was he leaving me?  I need my bag, does that mean I'm coming back? I thought he wanted my company here-
The tension around my wrist bruised the skin, Erwin never grabbed me like this, he was gentle... nothing like this... I almost forgot what it felt like.

I stumbled to keep up with Dacians pace, his head was held forward avoiding me and my gaze "Get a move on." he snapped, shoving my arm which dragged the rest of my body ahead, "This is all your bloody fault. having me track you down, avoiding the Mp's at all costs. it's been a pain in the fucking ass, Selfish bitch." he muttered. "I'll teach you how to be more polite with your elders..."

"I didn't know... I- I thought you were going to come back to the house..." he wrinkled his nose at me, his lips curled at the tips.

"did you see the look of disgust on Erwin's face her had with you? kicked you to the curb as soon as he was told the truth."

"I-I don't understand- w-what are you talking about-?" My vision blurred,  the blood flow rushing to my cheeks. His grip crushing my wrist "I-I'm so s-sorry..." I whimpered through my clenched teeth.