•| Chapter 8 |•

F/n's POV

(Flashback)

I sat on the floor under the table where Dacian had relaxed himself reading a newspaper. Mom had gone into her room to change, she just returned from her job at the hospital where she treated wounded soldiers. She loved her job, it's where she apparently met my father, even though he's not in our lives I was still told about how kind and brave he was. She said I reminded her of him everyday, I'm just glad it makes her happy, she's a beautiful lady and even prettier when she smiles.

"F/n."

I looked up behind the rim of the table at Dacian, his eyes were cruel glaring down at me.

"Out."  kicking me in the side of my ribs with the tip of his heavy boots. I scrambled myself off the floor, rapping my arm over my chest. ducking down to pick up my pencils and paper.

-thud-

I bashed my head against the roof of the table

-smash-

My senses were on peak, The suddenly chilled air caught in my throat as the china plate shattered against the stone floor.  "F/N!" Dacian  threw himself out of his chair, the chair-legs scraped at the floor in warning. he hooked his arm, gripping me by the collar of my jumper "YOU FUCKING IDIOT!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs as he dragged me across the floor. kicking my legs knocking objects and furniture across the room.

footsteps ran down the stairs "F/n!" my mom cried out, rushing at the both of us "Dacian! let go you- you bastard!" tears streaming from her face, she grabbed my body and threw me aside, defending my frame by blocking Dacian's path, rapping her hands around his fists. my eyes had settled on the object in his hands. a silver blade in his grip.

Mom was shaking with fear, pleading and begging for him to calm down. Tears continued to fall down my face, my heart felt like it was going to burst.

"Mom!" I shrieked. It stopped there.

everything had slowed down, blood sprayed itself against the back wall, soon a puddle began to flood around my mothers collapsed body.

Crimson liquid filled-in the cracks between the cemented stone.

I could hear a muffled Dacian cursing,  I'm not sure whether he was shouting at me or my mom,  he wasn't apologising or panicking, just blaming us... the last thing i remember was him storming out of the house, his silhouette leaving the doorway.

"M-mom...?"

She reached her hand out slowly to me. "Sweetie... I-its okay lovey, everything's going to be alright." Her breath heaved with every word. "D-don't be scared hun, you won't have to put up with this anymore, o-okay? Your going to be with your dad..." she gave a weak smile of reassurance before her hand failed onto the floor gently.

hours must have passed but it felt like nothing as i still sat in the same position mom had thrown me in. Until a squad of men in uniform and shotguns came in picking me up taking me away and placing me in a wagon which were led by two bronze horses.

(End of flashback)

I began sobbing as Dacian let go of me, once again coming into contact with the floor. He growled under his breath making his way towards the door.

...To whoever had interrupted him...