The man on the phone let out a deep sigh full of frustration.
"You know the protocol, I'll send the people to investigate your flat. You haven't touched anything right?"

" I did sir. I wanted to make sure they had not found my safe as it is where I hid the USB. It's in my study, under my desk and beneath a loose tile." He replied back.

"Ok. They'll be here immediately." The director hung up the phone.

Chris sighed and ran his hands down his face while making his way to Rya's room. He, at least, had to explain to her why there would be people she did not know swarming their apartment.

He walked right into her room as the door was already opened and saw Noah and Rya resting on her makeshift balcony.

"Ry" He called out to her so she could get off of the window.

She jumped up a bit, not expecting to hear anything as Noah and her were lying in silence. She furrowed her brows and turned around. After seeing her father she quicly got off of the window so that he could open it.

"Chou fi?" {What's up?} She asked in Lebanese. She still brought up some words in french or Lebanese in the middle of her phrases but she didn't think she would ever stop as these were the languages she grew up speaking. Nevertheless her father and Noah never complained as she explained to them what the words meant when she first came. They were used to it by now.

" There are some people who are going to be coming here. They have to investigate a bit, see if the bastard left any finger prints or any clues that could lead us back to him. I just wanted to warn you so that you wouldn't possibly freak out at seeing the apartment swarming with strangers" He explained rapidly. They were going to be here soon. He didn't live too far from the agency, only a good 10 minute ride away from it.

"Right. Thank you for the warning" She replied back.
"They probably are going to question us then, right?" she asked after a beat of them just looking at the view in front of them in silence.

"Yes. You were the ones who saw everything. I'm very sorry Rya." He said softly, hoping she wouldn't be afraid. Though, knowing her he knew she wouldn't be.

She looked at Noah who was listening to their conversation and raised a brow as if asking him if that was okay with him. His heart fluttered a bit at her thoughtfulness and he smiled back reassuringly hoping it would convey that he had no problem with that.
She then looked back at her father and nodded before saying "It's no problem, don't be sorry. We understand."

Her father nodded and walked back out of the room. He needed to prepare himself mentally for all the interrogation he knew he was about to receive. They had to make sure he hadn't helped Mattieu in stealing back all the incriminating information they had on him. It was protocol.

The loud ring of the doorbell shook him out of his thoughts and he went to open the door for the investigaters.

A woman stood there, surrounded by her team. She extended her hand to Chris, he took hers in his and shook it.

"Mr. Bell. I'm Sienna Radford I'm sure you know why I'm here." She said in a firm voice. The woman wore a black turtleneck with a grey coat stripped in black and red and black jeans that gave her a business with a casual undertone look.

He pushed to the side to let them come in

He pushed to the side to let them come in. "As far as I know the intruder only went into my room and my study. Though I cannot be sure that he did not search anywhere else." He informed them hoping they wouldn't ravage every single one of the rooms in his flat.

"Thank you for the information Mr.Bell. Do you have a place where you can stay while we comduct the investigation? It would really help us if we didn't have you and your daughter possibly mess up any evidence." Said Sienna. She did know the agent as he was quite popular back in the day for his problem with Rick Alfonso, from what she had heard he was fiercly loyal to his morals as well as the agency as long as they didn't ask him to betray said morals. Therefore, she could not put it past him to have helped in the stealing of the USB. Though, she could never be sure, sometimes appearances could be misleading.

"Yes. I do." He replied back not taking offense to her supposition. He would simply ask josh if they could sleep over at his house. He had been on many cases like these and knew that it would not take them more than at least four days to search the apartment and scan for any details that could lead them to the mystery man.

He excused himself from the woman and went into the kitchen so that he could call Josh. He dialed the number and called but after hearing the voice of his daughter in the tv room he frowned a bit. He did not want her around them, they were experts at manipulating people and
bending them to their will. He did not want Rya getting interrogated without him in the room to watch over her.

"Hey mate. Is everything alright?" Josh's voice made Chris momentarily forget about his worries and he replied back.

"Josh, we have investigators swarming the house and we need a place to stay."

"You don't even have to ask Chris. My house is your house mate, how many times do I have to say this." Josh replied back as if he were frustrating him to no end.

"Yes I know but I at least had to warn you. Are you sure it's no bother? We're going to be staying with you guys for at least five days or possibly more." Said Chris knowing it was no use explaining, he knew it was already a yes.

"Yes. We can finally have a sleepover girl! How long have we been waiting for that?!" Said Josh faking a high pitched voice, acting as if he were a high school girl.

Chris just shook his head while chuckling and cut the call.

°°°

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E :

Whats uppppp
I haven't updated cause... exams 💀🥴
But It's finally over!!!! Yeyy
Im going back to school the day after tomorrow though.
Someone please come kill me. Really make it look dramatic so that people can regret every single thing they could have possibly said about me.

Ugh. I hate it here.
Ciao ciao.

If you could support me by
voting and commenting on this book I would appreciate it a lot🥰❤️.

- Clea