- 14 -

༞↢⇕↣༞

↢⇕↣

NOAH WAS CONCERNED for Rya. Yesterday, after her father ushered them out of his study, she had come up with a poor excuse and went into her room. She had not spoken to him since and Noah couldn't help but worry. He knew that she was the type to overthink and could get lost in her mind for days if she had a good enough puzzle to solve. In this case, the puzzle was figuring out why they hadn't been attacked by the intruder. It didn't make sence to him too and he hoped that they could brainstorm together.

That's why he stood in front of her bedroom door about to knock when she suddenly opened the door. Noah jumped back, not expecting that to happen.

"No, I could hear you pacing back and forth in front of my room and mumbling to yourself." She said with a small smile dancing on her face as she shook her head in amusement at her best friend.

"Sorry. I didn't know if you wanted to see me or not." He said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

Her eyes softened a bit as she heard that. "Don't be ridiculous Noah. I'm sorry about rushing out to my room yesterday night, that was bitchy of me. My mind was all over the place and I just couldn't talk to anyone." She explained as she let him into her room. They both went onto her 'balcony' and sat down next to each other, their backs to the window.

It was mid afternoon and the sun was making it's slow retreat into the back of buildings up ahead, casting it's soft orangy hue onto the faces of Noah and Rya.

"Don't worry about it. I completely understand. Just know that you can always talk to me if you need. That's what I'm here for" He said with a small chuckle. Rya's small smile that was already adorning her face widened at his words.

"I know" she replied softly.

" And I am too" She said after a while.

The both felt content in this moment. Even if Rya was more at risk than Noah, he was still a possible target for being close to Chris. Neither of them wanted to get up and face the situation they were in.

Meanwhile, Christian was in his study, talking to his Boss on the phone in order to report the incident to him as he was not available before. The Director was on vacation with his wife and had just come back when he got a phone call from his assistant telling him that a certain agent was wishing to report an incident to him.

He understood why they had not called the assistant director as he had gotten the position solely based on the fact that he had a lot of connections. The man was arrogant and could not care less about anything except the money he gained at the agency. He was a shit at his job too.

"What you're telling me, Mr. Bell, is that all the information we had on Mattieu Dubois was stolen?" He asked in a irritated tone.

Chris wasn't fazed by that as he had been subjected to this tone quite often during his many years at the agency. "Yes, unfortunately sir."