- 10 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

"HARDER"
"Come on, give it your all"
Rya punches the bag harder.
"Good. Adjust your stance"
She pushes her right foot behind her left one and folds her left knee a bit more.
"Good, you still have 2 minutes left"
She continues to punch the bag. She had sweat trickling down her forehead and her muscles were starting to ache at the amount of force she put behind every punch.

"And... Done" The coach catches the bag. Rya could barely feel her muscles anymore, she was so tired that she collapsed on the floor. It had been three months since she had boxed for the last time. She had never had a coach that made her work that hard until now. She was immensely grateful. Back in America she was one of the best from her club, but there were still quite a few that surpassed her. That meant that she still had room for improvement.
You see, Rya loved being the best at everything, and when she wasn't, she felt small, as if she couldn't do anything. That was why she put her everything into everything she did.

This was her second lesson of the week. It felt good to use her muscles again. She had pigged out on chips, sodas, fast food and so much else over the last three months spent in London.

Three months, time really flies, she thought.

School was going good for her, she had excelled in all her classes, and her father couldn't be more proud. Rya curently was at the top of her class in french which she could only thank because of the fact that she grew up speaking the language. She had also gotten closer to Noah's friends, well, their friends now. Every friday, they would meet up at an old skatepark that a few people knew  about, where she learnt how to properly skate and learn new tricks.

The threat of Rick was still at large though, therefore she never let her guard down just like her father had told her to. Only when was she at home would she stop analyzing everything around her, looking at every person as if they were a suspect.

"Come on Rya, get up. You were good today." He gave her his hand to help her stand up. Rya gladly took it, dusted her shorts and went to drink water.
"Thank you. Hopefully I won't be as tired the next few times." She said frustratingly.
"Don't worry kid, you'll get used to this in no time" He replied chuckling a bit.

"Rya!" Noah was calling out to her. He had watched the whole session because he had nothing better to do. Now, he was even more flabbergasted with the girl.

"Come on, Chris just texted me, he's outside." He told her.
They walked side by side outside.
The two were now practically joined to the hip, they did - almost - everything together. He had even called her his best friend in front of Henri, his childhood friend that was his best mate too.