- 06 -

༞↣⇕↢༞

↣⇕↢

RYA HAS BEEN STAYING with  her dad for a month now. They were in the middle of August which meant that school was about to start soon. Which also meant that she had to start school, as her dad had informed her a couple days ago.

They were in the kitchen having dinner like always and chatting when he suddenly brought it up out of thin air.

"Hey, so I was thinking." Rya raised her eyebrows at this in mock disbelief.

"Hey! Don't give me that look." He  joked. "Anyway, as I was saying, summer is almost over and school is about to start. So I was thinking that I'd enroll you into school this year. Of course the same one as Noah's. " He paused a bit, as if to let her mull his words over.

"What do you think?" He asked as he chewed on his piece of steak slowly.

Rya already knew this was coming. Frankly, she had no problem with school, she actually  enjoyed it. Really, she enjoyes anything that could expand her general knowledge and brain efficiency. So, she could not refuse, especially if Noah was going to be there.

The two had become quite close during that short amount of time. He would come over almost every day and they would watch movies, chat and bicker most of the time.

What shocked her, though was how considerate and kind he was.

He really didn't look it. He had the whole typical "badboy" style going for him ( As american as that sounds), so you could say that she was immensely surprised when she started talking about  Lebanese politics and he joined in. Apparently he had done his research when she told him that she was Lebanese and lived there for the better part of her life.

Her heart warmed quite a bit at the fact that he did that for her. Because one thing people should know is that Lebanese politics are confusing as fuck. But let's not get into that.

Therefore, there she was, at the stationary with her father to pick out what she needed for school that started in three days. Yes, you could say that soon was sooner than she thought.

She loved that part of going back to school.

"Putain! Can we get this?" Rya said in excitement pointing to a big painting set. {Shit!}

Christian eyed the set for a few seconds before nodding his head yes. He knew that she loved to paint because she had mentioned it a couple times before.

Rya didn't want him to spend that much money on her so she chose the things that were the most affordable without them being completely shitty. He may be her dad but she didn't like it when people spent money on her. It made her feel bad.

The cashier was a young boy that looked to be about her age. When they got there he shot her a wink that Rya simply ignored. But, of course, her father didn't and glared at the boy.

Who did he think he was. Couldn't he see that her fucking father was right next to her? The nerve of some people. He sighed and rolled his eyes internally.

As they were walking down the street to get to the parking lot where the car was, Rya got a weird feeling that they were being followed. How can one describe that feeling? Goosebumps arose on her skin and the peculiar feeling in her gut made her uneasy.

She looked back casually and saw a man dressed in black after a couple seconds, his lips were moving and it looked like he was talking to someone, except no one was beside him making Rya  conclude that he was talking to someone in an ear piece or something of the sort.

She waited a couple minutes to see if the person was there for them. When he followed them through the twists and turns they took, she alerted her dad besides her.

"There's a guy that's been following us for a few minutes, now. He's talking in an earpiece. Tall, pretty bulky and dressed in all black. Pretty cliché if you ask me. "

Of course, Christian had already caught on to that but didn't mention it as to not alarm her. The fact that she was able to tell that someone was following them made a feeling of pride bubble into his chest. But, alas, this wasn't the time to feel proud, even if he was immensely so.

"I know. Ok, listen closely. I want you to stay by my side the whole way ok? We're not going to go to the car just yet. We're going to pretend we're still walking around and shopping to see if he follows us and tries to make a move. Then-" He started explaining but Rya cut him off.

"We should stop and take a selfie." She said firmly and fished out her phone out of her back pocket.

Christian stared quizzically at her but accepted none the less. She pointed the phone at their faces, but they were barely visible. The camera was focused on the backround. It then dawned on him what she wanted to do. He was very impressed with her quick thinking.

They took a couple pictures.

Then Rya grabbed her father's hand and lead him to a restaurant.

"Let's eat and we'll look at the pictures, see if we have to take them again." She said, grinning, very fakely.

"Sure" He replied back even though he wasn't hungry at all.

They sat down in a small Italian restaurant. When the waitress took their order and left, Rya took out  her phone and started looking through the pictures. The last one would have had a clear shot of the man's face, but unfortunately he had pulled on a baseball cap.

She showed the picture to Christian. He pursed his lips and fisted his hands.

"Do you have any idea who the person following us is?" She asked the question that was floating all around her head.

°°°

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E :

wassup
How are you guys doing?

So I was walking around belgium and I was listening to music and all. And, I stumbled on this picture that has no business being this funny
I tell you I fucking stopped in the middle of street and started laughing my ass out.
My family kind of disowned me after that but 🤷🏼‍♀️
Who cares right?

 My family kind of disowned me after that but 🤷🏼‍♀️ Who cares right?

Anw peace out🖖🏻