2 | pt. 1 : run boy run

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel," Reginald explained, raising his glass of alcohol, "One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water, and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it." Five replied, pursing his lips tightly.

"Hence the reason you're not ready." The man remarked.

Y/n didn't dare turn around, but she already knew Vanya was trying to warn Five somehow. The brown-haired girl looked up at the boy and his eyes met hers.

As he turned away from Vanya and looked to Y/n, she had mouthed: 'whatever you're doing, stop. Please, just sit', she quickly grew even more anxious.

Though, Five only stubbornly shook his head and turned away, protesting. "I'm not afraid."

"Fear isn't the issue," Reginald lectured, continuing on, "The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore!"

Scrunching up his nose, Five had enough of his father. Taking a last glance at the distressed girl beside him, he took off, running through to the entrance hall.

He could show his father wrong. He could show Y/n his true abilities. He could show everyone his true potential.

"Number Five!" the man called out to the boy, "You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

The academy perked up and saw Five sprint off.

"No one is to leave!" Reginald continued, "Stay seated, children!"

Y/n watched over her shoulder and clamped a trembling hand over her mouth to muffle her unstable breathing as she heard the front door being slammed shut.

Once it was closed, Five opened the black, metal gates ahead of it, rushing out to the cool evening. Confidently walking down the concrete sidewalk and past the pedestrians, the cold, whistling breezes roared around him.

Speeding up his pace, he spatial jumped.

Looking around at his new surroundings, the same street, but now colourful and bright, he carried on. "'not ready', my ass!" he exclaimed, grinning to himself, proud of his accomplishment.

Five teleported for the second time.

The street he was on before was now drowned in white, falling snow that covered the trees and roads. But that wasn't enough. The boy wanted to prove himself further.

In another last flash of blue, Five disappeared, again.

At the sensation of ash burning his eyes, and the scent of smoke, he suddenly halted. Backing away, Five's situation began to settle in.

Looking all around him, the boy fearfully examined the crumpled buildings and raging, orange fire.

That's all there was.

Just miles of fallen metal, bricks and debris accompanied by wisps of flickering fire and black smoke. Sprinting back down the dismantled street, he directed himself to the Umbrella Academy.

Staring up at the grey sky, his eyesight then trailed to the gates he had only forced open minutes ago.

Panting heavily, he continued to gaze at the rubble of the Academy in terror. "Y/n?!" Five cried out, "Vanya! Ben! Dad?! Anyone?!"

Gathering the final amount of the strength left within him, he clenched his fists in effort to spatial jump. "Come on!" he yelled in desperation, grimacing as blue energy was produced from his hands, "Shit!"