9 | pt. 2 : changes

"Extra ice?"

"Hell yeah!"

Five threw another handful of ice into the blender as Y/n dipped the rims of three glasses in some salt.

"Man, feels like ages since I've been able to relax." The girl sighed, placing one of the glasses in front of Delores, who still had only her top half remaining.

Y/n insisted they bring down their mannequin friend for one last drink together before Five was going to deliver her back to her respectful home.

"Yeah," Five agreed with the girl, pouring out the alcoholic blend into her glass first as she skipped around him to turn on some jazz music. "It feels.. Odd. But I like it."

Returning back, she stuck a curly green straw in each of their drinks, adding in a fun cocktail umbrella, as well. "I like it too. I mean, we practically get a redo of our lives considering we're still seventeen."

"Eighteen, actually," he smirked, taking a seat on a bar stool while Y/n pushed a glass into Delores' plastic hand. "And, I'm technically thirty-five."

Y/n rolled her eyes playfully, sitting down beside him, sipping on her drink. "You reckon you're stuck in your eighteen-year-old body forever? That'd be unfortunate."

Five hummed, swirling around the green margarita with his straw. "Dunno. Ask me again in ten years, I guess. What about you? You've still never told me as to why you still look the same the day I.. Time traveled."

"Hm. Good question, but I don't really know, honestly. Found out one night when ol' Reggie was monitoring our vitals. Surprisingly, he helped me over the years, trying to formulate a remedy," she replied in thought, "And coincidentally, the day you came back was the day I managed to find a way to fix myself. Checked my cells that morning and they seemed to be producing at a regular pace. Mum can check you, too?"

"Sounds good." He accepted her offer, nodding thoughtfully. Though soon, his eyebrows knit together in concern.

The girl leaned her arms on the bar counter, rhythmically tapping her fingers against the surface. "What's wrong?" She asked him.

Five glanced at her, taking a sip of his own as he pondered aloud. "You think we really did it? Think we actually stopped the apocalypse?"

The girl paused for a moment to think. "I mean, Harold is out of the picture. He was the cause, and we prevented it from happening. Or.. Whoever killed him did. I don't think we stopped the apocalypse." Y/n answered, giving the boy a shrug. "Still, seems fishy to me; finding him just dead there."

The boy's eyes narrowed as he pursed his lips. "Yeah, what I've been thinking, too."

She sighed. "But-.. Well, we essentially have ages to figure out what happened. So now what?"

"Now what?.." Five echoed softly, looking away in thought. "Jenkins isn't going to be more dead than he already is, so fuck it.. You still want some doughnuts? We can grab some coffee and lunch together after we find Vanya."

"Like our stake-out date, but better?"

A hint of amusement danced in Five's eyes. "Who said anything about a date?"

Blushing furiously, Y/n buried her face in her arms, muffling her embarrassed response. "I.. Didn't."

The boy nudged her gently, causing her to peek up at him through her hair.

Five tucked the h/c strands behind her ear. "I was teasing," he said, flashing the girl a cocky grin, "Consider this one a date, then?"

A giddy smile curved up her lips as she positioned herself back up. "You're asking me out?"