1 | pt. 2 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals

☂ ☂

"In 5, 4, 3, 2.."

"This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News. Outside the Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth, a group of heavily armed men stormed the bank, not three hours ago, and took an unknown number of hostages."

A bald man held an intercom up to his right ear. He had also carried a pistol in his left, which was pointed out in front of him.

"Hey! Get them behind the counter!" he hollered out to another man who was guarding the group of hostages.

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta to do something, I don't wanna do" he complained, returning his attention back the intercom, "Hm?!"

A young Allison skipped in, a few beats behind the armed man with her hands behind her back. She was conveniently dressed in the academy's uniform, and a small domino mask to hide her identity.

"Shit!" the man angrily exclaimed, lowering down his radio and to watch the hostages being ushered away. Allison stood next to him, excitedly bouncing on her heels.

He then turned to face the girl beside him. "Hey! Get back with the others!" he demanded, pointing his weapon to where the captives were being held.

"I heard a rumor.." she began, slowly advancing towards him.

"What?" the man questioned the strange girl, tilting in to hear her, "What did you say?"

The curly-haired girl gave a large smile and brought up a hand to cup the right side of her mouth.

"I hear a rumor... That you shot your friend in the foot!"

Retracting her hand from her face, she watched the man fall into a trance. He leaned away from her, eyes blending into a grey.

The man then blankly raised his gun, pointing it at a bypassing companion.

"Hey, dude, what the hell?!" his associate exclaimed.

The dazed man only gave him the response of a bullet in his foot, while a couple hostages that were huddled behind him watched in horror as the wounded man's gun was accidentally triggered, causing the glass of a window overhead to shatter.

"Just heard shots from inside of the bank. Some certain that many hostages have been harmed in that."

Police were enclosing around the bank, readying their weapons and witnesses waited in awe.

"Up there!"

A 13-year-old Luther ran above the rooftop of the bank.

"Some movement on the roof! Possibly, law enforcement!"

He then took the opportunity to dive down, crashing through the glassed ceiling, landing perfectly in front of the captives.

Grabbing onto the masked man that was ordered to supervise them, Luther aggressively threw him over the counter, causing him to soar through the air. He yelled out in sheer terror when he collided with a window high-up on a wall.

Men and women observed from outside, screaming in surprise from the impact.

"Looks like one of the armed robbers.. Has been thrown from the bank!"

A shorter, juvenile Diego came dashing into the scene, bearing two knives in his right hand.

"Guns are for sissies!" he called out, mockingly, "Real men throw knives!"

Diego thrusted the weapons into direction of Allison and the bald man. The man beside her (who had now recovered from Allison's entrancement) instinctively cowered and lifted an arm, preparing for the impact.