5 | pt. 1 : number five

Y/n awoke to be faced by Five's back. The girl tiredly rubbed her eyes as he talked to Luther, who was seated in a chair in front of them, listening intently.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but.. From what I could gather, we have four days left," the boy answered a question that Luther asked previously, which Y/n hadn't heard.

Luther leaned in closer and furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance. "Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered," Five uttered, clasping his hands together.

"Of course it would," the man in the green coat complained, almost angrily, "We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing."

Five shook his head at Luther as he scooted over so that Y/n could sit beside him. "For the record, you already tried," the boy remarked.

The man straightened his posture and blinked in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I found all of you," Five said quietly, and the girl hugged an arm around him in comfort. He only blankly stared down at the floor. "Your bodies," Five added.

Luther looked between the two teenagers. "We die?"

When the boy didn't respond, Y/n did for him. "Horribly," she said, dropping her arm from his shoulder.

"..We were together," Five finally spoke, and glancing up at Luther with glistening eyes, "Trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait, how do you know that?" the man questioned, his curiosity sparking.

The boy pulled out the prosthetic eye which was covered in cloth, from his pocket, and unwrapped it. "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you," Five told Luther as he raised the piece of glass to show him for a moment before tossing it over.

Luther observed it while Five claimed that the man must've "ripped it out" of someone's head before he had died, though he didn't know for sure.

The boy's explanation only made Luther question further. "Whose head?"

"Like I said, I don't know," replied Five.

"What's the serial number on the back?" Luther asked, examining the prosthetic closely, "I think.. Maybe you could try-"

Y/n cut him off and shrugged. "That's a dead end."

"It's just another hunk of glass," Five mentioned as Luther extended out to hand the eye back to him.

When it was back into Five's grasp, Y/n opened her mouth to speak again, but closed it as she jolted up at the unexpected sound of someone barging through the door. She immediately composed herself, readying to fight, but relaxed slightly when she saw it was only Diego. Well.. An angry Diego.

She could hear him curse aloud when he walked down the stairs, quite noisily, without closing the door. Though, it wasn't only her that had noticed, because Luther quickly stood up at Diego's sudden arrival.

As Diego approached the three, his face soured. "Do you know what you just did?" the man exclaimed, charging towards Five and Y/n.

Before Diego was within their reach, Luther grabbed him, trying to hold him in place as he struggled against the man who was far larger than him.

"Nope! Let me - Get your ape hands off of me!"

"We can do this for as long as it takes you to calm down." Luther said coolly.

It took a moment for Diego to settle down and agree. When he did, he grunted in frustration. "Fine," he muttered, and Luther immediately dropped him back on his feet.