Can't this just.. be over yet?

~ Ron's POV ~

He was just, there. Harry hadn't moved a single bit, but McGonagall had fainted. I wonder.. why did she faint? What was so.. scary she couldn't take it? I was sent out of the room for a little and was taken back in when McGonagall woke up and didn't seem to break and faint again.

I was sat by Harry for days, weeks even. I refused to let them bury him. I knew he'd wake up. We gave him the potion, I mean, it has to be true to be written even in our history books!

But no. Harry didn't wake up. He was there, not breathing, not moving, his heart not beating.

One day I didn't show up. I was in our dorm, gathering up Harry's things that needed to be packed again. I'd bring them to the Burrow with them but, Dumbledore wanted them for some sort of examination and to frame them. Harry was the boy who lived, like it or not. Dead or alive, he survived the deadliest spell - no, the only spell that could immediately kill you off, just like that. And.. he was just a baby..

I finished packing up and let out a painful sigh, gently sitting on Harry's bed. I looked down in shame that I wasn't there that moment. I had lost all hope for him to wake up again.

A couple days have passed since I packed Harry's things, and I was just copying Hermione's homework in the common room, when the door burst open. I saw a figure walk in, but I didn't catch who it was. The figure ran full force up to the boys dorms and left a trail of smoke behind from how fast he ran up the stairs. I just shrugged it off and continued copying, that same figure sprinting out again and leaving no trace behind. I managed to catch, though, that the figure had black hair. I know how basically everyone in the castle has black hair, so it wasn't really a hint to who it is.

I spent a few hours trying to write an essay on my own, stealing small things from Hermione when he didn't know what to write. The door once again burst open and McGonagall with Dumbledore and Snape walked in. I looked confused until they started walking towards me and easily dragged me out with one swift movement. I dropped to the floor in surprise and looked up at them, confused like I was a Muggle who floated in the sky.

"Something.. Happened to Harry." Dumbledore managed to say as he had me follow him to the infirmary. Harry wasn't there anymore. The only thing that was there was an angry book - you know, the one Hagrid gave to them to teach them.

"We don't know what happened." McGonagall said and I was just frozen.

My brain went numb and I couldn't focus on anything they said. I was just standing there, having no expression on my face. Was I sad, was I happy.. I don't know.. I just know that.. I don't see him..