It ends here

~ Ron's POV ~

The cold hand grabbing me belonged to no other, but Severus Snape. I cried out as he dragged me away, but as we reached the entrance of the Great Hall, Dumbledore demanded that Snape let me go with the excuse "He's just having mood swings because of Harry", and Snape let go with a growl.

Everyone got dismissed from lunch and, as if was Sunday, they went all over the castle to have fun, do their homework, or just rest. I ran to the infirmary, only to meet up with a broken, crying Sirius looking down at Harry.

I ran over to ask what had happened, but decided not to really bother Sirius until he had calmed down. I sat on the chair on the other side of the bed and just looked at the still unconscious best friend - and lover, I could call him - of mine.

"How.. how could I let this happen?!" Sirius cried out.

This is my chance to ask, I thought.

"Sirius.. what.. what exactly happened?" I mumbled as I looked at him.

His eyes moved up to look at me. The white of his eyes was now a dark red, and his usually bright, blue eyes were a dull grey. He looked like he couldn't do anything. His lips separated to talk, but a squeak was all he managed to get out before he broke down again, sniffling after he tried to calm himself so he was able to do something to explain the situation.

His fingers stretched out, one touching the other, like a plank with bumps. His knuckles were twitching inwards as he shakily put them against his neck, moving his hand across it slowly as tears rolled down his cheeks.

I didn't understand what he meant at first, but then I understood. Harry.. wouldn't make it.

I looked at him in shock and got up, trying not to start crying myself. "B-but Sirius!! How?! How can we not save him? We're wizards for Merlin's sake!!" I yelled out, more like screamed. I couldn't believe it. No, it can't be true. I just.. hope this is a dream. A nightmare I'll wake up from, soon.

Yeah.. that's it.. it's just a nightmare.. I thought to myself in an attempt to calm down, but it was no use as tears streamed down my face like rivers before I collapsed back on my chair.

~ later ~

It had been around three hours since Madame Pomfrey had kicked me and Sirius out of the infirmary so she could run some tests on Harry, and also he needed his alone time for a little.

Around an hour later, I was called to see Harry by a very worried McGonagall. I quickly ran out of the common room, but McGonagall grabbed my cloak so I don't go too fast. She led me to the infirmary and Sirius seemed as if he was paler than white.

"He's.. gone!"