Lost In Her Thoughts.

As Dawn got home from school that day, Spike barley made it out of the house without being seen by a younger Summer sister.

"Buffy, you home?" Asked Dawn as she makes her way to the refrigerator for her usual after school snack.

"Up here Dawn, pack something to go were going to the magic shop. Don't forget to bring your homework." Replied Buffy as she tried to make herself presentable and not like she's been in bed with a vampire all day.

Later that evening, Dawn and Buffy arrived to the magic shop to meet the gang. Buffy felt weird around her friends, ever since she came back from the dead. Apart of her didint want to admit to herself that she resented them for ripping her out from heaven. Perhaps that's why she's grown so close to Spike. He sees the pain and fake smile she hides.

"Hey it's the summers girls, how's my favorite Dawny today" Xander said with over excitement.

Dawn rolled her eyes, and sat to do her homework.

"If we didn't have much planned tonight ,I was thinking on patrolling" Buffy said hoping to escape her friends.

"Sounds like a good idea, maybe one of us should tag alo-" Giles was soon cut off.

"No! That wouldn't be necessary, I need some time to think. I'll be fine. Willow, do you mind helping Dawn with her homework?" Buffy asked hoping to not sound too disconnected from her friends.

"Yeah for sure, you go kill some vamps Buff we got everything under control here" Willow replied with a fake smile. She worried about Buffy, and if she hated her for bringing her back.

Buffy leaves to go patrolling, relieved she barley made it out alone. Walking the streets at night in Sunnydale were peaceful to her. She could hear her own thoughts and finally breathe without anyone asking if she's alright.
As she was patrolling Buffy got lost in her thoughts and became completely unaware of her surroundings. Before she knew it she had already made it to the cemetery. Not in her right mind, Buffy never picked up on a couple of vampires stalking behind her. One of them snuck around and jumped in front of her to attempt to scare the slayer.

"Hello little blonde girl, what are you doing out this late" he ask completely unaware that she is the slayer.

Buffy goes to reach in her back pocket to retrieve her stake and before she knew it the vampire behind her got to it before she did. Her inner slayer instincts kicked in and she dashed to push the vampire in front of her. Taken by surprise, he lunged at her first, pushing her into the arms of the enemy that stood directly behind her. The vamp in front of her gives a stern kick to her stomach causing her to holler in pain.

Suddenly Buffy comes to and sees a bleach blond Spike fighting to save her life. Spike dusted both vampires in no time, leaving him to rush to Buffy's side.

"What the bullocks happened Buff? Had I not been patrolling tonight I might not have gotten to you on time" spike said with deep concern while helping Buffy to her feet.

"I know, thank you Spike. I don't know what happened, one minute I was thinking about life and the next I was on the ground." She groaned with regret.

"Come, let's go to my place and lay you down" Spike said.

The two walk to Spikes lair hand in hand, this is where Buffy wanted to be. Spike treated her like a person, not like a slayer. He never depended on her for anything, all he asked for was her love.