Sonia sighs. "It's fine, I've never watched the Notebook, I probably should, anyways."

"Alright," I say, rolling my eyes. "But if James does that stupid yawn-stretch-and-put-his-arm-around-you thing, I'm going to have to talk to him."

Sonia laughs, "I'll be sure to tell you if he does. With your standards, how are you ever going to get a man?" she says jokingly.

"Well I'm already engaged, so I don't need to get a man," I say seriously, but with a smile on my face.

"WHAT! WHO IS HE!?"

"We've been engaged since we were born."

"But don't you want to choose for yourself who you marry?" Sonia asks in and angry tone.

"No, I'm fine with the engagement. We were best of friends when we were kids, but then my family moved from England to the US, and we haven't met since," I explain with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I still think you should marry who you want, but it's your choice," Sonia says with a sigh.

Yes, Sonia is Indian, and has the most stereotypical Hindu Indian parents ever, but she hates the Indian stereotype. Yes, Sonia is smart, no, being Indian had nothing to do with it. Her parents also know nothing of her crushes, because they wanted to arrange a marriage for her. The only reason they gave up on that was because Sonia made a deal with them that if she got all A+'s for the first semester of senior year, she could marry who she wanted to. She got all A+'s, by the way.

"Thank you, but I've already agreed to the engagement. Anyways, the senior trip is coming up. Wanna room?" I ask, taking the topic off of me and bringing my mind back to what we were talking about.

"M-me?" Sonia asks, shocked.

"No, I was asking your desk," I say sarcastically.

"But you could room with the more popular kids, why me? I'm a nobody!"

"If you ask me," I say in a whisper. "The popular kids are all fake. And you're a somebody to me! You're the only person in the school who hangs out with me for fun and not for popularity."

"But didn't Amber already ask you yesterday?"

"I turned her down, obviously. All she ever does is try to hookup with Matthew, Diego, and James and bully everyone in school. But now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't room with you either."

Sonia looks at me, slightly upset. "Why not!"

"Because you'll be rooming with James!" At this, Sonia turns red once again.

"Georgiaa!" Sonia whines.

I chuckle. "Fine, fine, I'll stop."

"But back to the rooms, I think I might room with Jimmy," Sonia says, referring to James with his nickname Jimmy.

"Don't have too much fun, and do use protection, okay love?"

"GEORGIA!"

I laugh loudly.

"Kidding, kidding!" I say raising my hands in surrender.

Just as I do so, the teacher walks in. Six minutes late.

"Bruh, the line at Starbucks was so long today, I couldn't get my coffee!" my favourite teacher, Mr. Travers complains as he goes to his desk at the front of the classroom. "Anyways, I have an important announcement. The school has decided that your 1B teacher gets to assign roommates from this class for the senior trip that we leave for tomorrow! So sorry if you'd already signed up with a friend, but this was a last minute change! I will assign them now, and explain why because I have no work to assign you today. Pay attention. First, Grace with Jenna. We all know you guys like each other," Travers says with a wink. "Jordan with Quinn, you guys are good friends. Brayden with Hannah, y'all are already dating. Imani with Cody so you guys can get over your stupid fight. Tanner with Esha because Tanner is too much of a player and Esha's boyfriend is in another class. Sonia with James because you guys will start dating this trip, you have no choice. Diego with Amber because Diego won't get with Amber no matter how hard she tries. And lastly," Travers pauses for suspense, but I already know who I'm roomed with. "Georgia and Matthew because of their sexual tension."