#4

"Maybe he likes you," Thalia suggests on the way home. 

Nico was sitting in the middle of the backseat of Thalia's black jeep. "Please don't kid like that," he said. 

"It's possible," Percy said. "He's gay."

Nico choked on his drink. "Yeah, gay. Not desperate."

Percy pointed out their favourite taco place on the right. "Ooh, stop there."

Thalia shook her head. "No, we are stopping at the gas station to get snacks for tonight's movie night with Annabeth."

"But tacos--"

"My car, my decision."

Percy rolled his eyes. "I hate it when you use that line."

;;;

Around 10:00 pm Annabeth knocked on the door. "Hey guys," she greeted when Percy opened the door. "How are you?"

"I-I'm good," Percy said. "Come on in. The movie is already loaded."

Annabeth gave him a weird look. "We are watching on Thalia's projector. We... We don't wait for the movie to load."

Thalia and Nico exchanged the Look. 

"Oh, duh," Percy said. "Well, let's get started."

Thalia walked up to them and put a hand on Percy's shoulder. "Percy, you suck," she said. "Help me make popcorn in the kitchen, that's something you can manage."

"You're mean."

Thalia smirked. "That's exactly right, now come on."

After Percy and Thalia were gone into the kitchen, Nico plopped down next to Annabeth on the couch. "When are you guys going to start dating?" 

"Um, he's my best friend, and besides, he doesn't like me," Annabeth said, fidgeting with the ring on her finger. 

Nico chuckled. "Yeah, if 'doesn't like you' means turning from the confident captain of the swim team, into a blushing, stuttering mess, then yes, he for sure doesn't like you."

"What?"

"Nothing."

The movie was good, but Percy did not know how to act around Annabeth without being a total awkward mess. Annabeth would lean up against his chest and instead of relaxing and putting his arm around her, he would stiffen up until Thalia elbowed him in the ribs. 

Nico was somewhat thankful when the movie was over. Jeepers Creepers was a good movie, but he couldn't take the tension in the room. Annabeth and Percy just needed to make out already.

When Annabeth left and Thalia and Percy went to bed, Nico pulled a backpack out from under his bed and filled it with his spraypaint cans. He put some olive oil on the hinges of the front door so it wouldn't squeak when it opened and snuck out. 

He went to the park. There was this blank wall he liked to tag, but they always ended up painting over it, so Nico kept on tagging it. He took the cans from his bag and after shaking them he started his piece. 

"What are you doing?" 

Nico spun around. "Will?" he asked. "Why are you here?"

Will crossed his arms. "Just taking a stroll."

Nico turned around to continue his piece so he wouldn't have to look at Will's stupid, attractive face. "That explains why you aren't home. I asked why you were here talking to me."

Nico could hear Will's smile in his voice. "Maybe I just wanted to talk to you, then I saw you... graffiti-ing." 

Nico chuckled as he finished up his artwork. "And why would you want to talk to me? Didn't I make myself clear today?"

"Crystal."

"Then why are you here?"

"I already answered that."

Nico shoved his spraypaint back in his bag and slung it over his shouler. "Gods, you're frustrating."

He walked away before Will could say anything else. Funny how he had been doing that more than usual lately.