59 ~ A new family member?

Start from the beginning

"I'm ready." I told the boys and they got up immediately, Aiden quickly walked over and grabbed my hand. We walked towards the police car together and whilst the detective was driving he kept looking at us in his rear-view mirror but he never said anything.

When we got to the station, the detective made us sit at a desk and tried to get Aiden to go with him but Aiden was holding onto me for dear life, which broke my heart. I knelt down so I was at his height and grabbed his shoulders carefully. "Aiden, sweetie you have to go with that man but we will be here when you get back okay?"

"I don't wanna go with that man." He said with a terrified voice and I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Just go, he won't bite you and if he does, then yell my name, which is Sam and I will come get you immediately."

"You promise?"

"I promise." He let go off me and walked towards the detective who was now talking to a woman, who was nodding. When Aiden reached the detective he took him into a little room, where they would "question" him. The woman was walking up to us and took a seat in front of us. I think she was from child services. I was wondering what she would want from us. "Hello my name is Susan DeLuca and I'm from child services, is it okay if I ask you a few questions?"

"That is fine, what do you want to know?"

"What is your relationship with Aiden?"

"Nothing, I just found him in my closet back at the motel."

"I see, why did you protect him?" Okay was she stupid or something, what kind of question was that? "Excuse me, would you liked it if I gave the kid to his father to get killed?"

"No, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that but not a lot of people would give up their own life to protect someone they don't even know."

"Well then there is seriously something wrong with the world. It's just something you do to protect a child."

"He isn't your child so it's not expected from you."

"You know what I'm done with this conversation, I'm not sure what is wrong with you but in my eyes it's only normal that you protect a child even if that child isn't yours and if I could do it over again, I would do the same damn thing."

"I understand, I'm sorry for upsetting you miss Mickaelson."

"Whatever, please leave us alone."

"I will but I have to ask you this as Aiden doesn't have anyone, would you consider adoption if someone asked you?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Aiden will be placed in a home after this because he is an orphan, with no remaining family." My mouth fell open and I knew that if it was up to me I would take him in immediately but I had Harry. I turned towards Harry, who was standing deeply in thought, he was definitely studying me and out of nowhere there appeared a smile on his face.

"Sam, it's okay." He told me and my heart was now beating like crazy because he just gave me permission to say yes on her offer, to adopt Aiden.

"What do we have to do, to adopt Aiden?"

"You have to come into the child services station to answer a few questions. You two don't live in America do you?"

"No we live in England, will that be a problem?"

"Probably not but just come down to the station tomorrow and we will go through all the papers."

"That's fine, what will happen to Aiden now?"

"He can go with you but I suggest that you stay in a different place."

"Yea, I already took care of that, we will be staying in a proper hotel." Harry told the woman and she nodded and got up.

"Good luck and I will see you tomorrow." She stretched out her hand and we shook it, after that she left the station and I turned slowly towards Harry. I felt the tears burn in my eyes.

"Harry, are you sure?"

"I have never been so sure about anything in my entire life Sam." I threw myself in his arms when he said that. "I love you so much."

"I love you as well Sam." That's when we heard a little voice next to us and we let go of each other immediately. "Sam, can we go home now?" Aiden asked us and I knelt down in front of him and gave him a hug, Harry did the exact same thing. After a while I got up and reached out my hand for him to grab, which he did, we walked out of the office together.

"Yes, let's go home sweetie."

-----------------------

So what did you guys think of this chapter? let me know in the comments!! 

Don't forget to vote ;)

Love you all so much

xx