“Meet Aiden Laurant; twenty four—the Designer of Elsa Arendelle’s luxury brand Arendelle Co

Meet Aiden Laurant; twenty four—the Designer of Elsa Arendelle’s luxury brand Arendelle Co. Six foot three, and formerly an ace volleyball player from high school to university, this pretty eyed prince was said to have a very astonishing talent with designing and photography according to our interview with Arendelle Co’s Creative Director Liam Walterson earlier.”

“Status? Taken, of course! No wonder Arendelle fell. Looks like we have a new power couple for this year’s TIME front cover.” Nick mused.

“Doubtlessly, Nick. Next up for tonight’s dish we have star archery prowess Merida DunBroch’s current victory—”

And the television was turned off.

“That was...” Anna breathed, “Both of you, that was brilliant. Genius.”

“You really think so? It wasn’t too loaded, was it?” Elsa nervously fuddled with her fingers, “I wanted it to be aired as soon as possible so Westerguaard has no more opportunity to wreck anything with me, or anything with Aiden or our company. Consider it as a successful block, hm, love?”

“Very funny,” Aiden laughed, “What about a spike next time?”

“Stop it with the volleyball puns,” Anna rolled her eyes good naturedly, “And yes, El. I really mean it. It wasn’t part of the plan, heck it was awfully sudden, but thinking about it Hans has no chance of ruining anything now with Aiden publicly known as Arendelle Co’s designer. If you both know what I am referring to...”

“I see your point,” Elsa agreed, before adding, “With this now over, let’s not get too relaxed. We’ll be setting up an ultimatum. If Westerguaard does not make a counterattack within I suppose a week, our plan can either be on halt, or canceled. If he tries to do anything, then we’ll have to put what we have put up together in action.”

All heads nodded in unison.

“You don’t mind being... Widely known, don’t you, Aiden?” Anna asked.

“I don’t mind, I promise. It’s okay, and it was for the sake of the company, so no worries,” Aiden shyly responded.

“I don’t want to scare you off or anything, though now the media’s eyes will not be wavering from you with your publicity still fresh. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, the entirety of the media. This is one of the many things Elsa and I had to cope with,” Anna gravely says, “Are you all for it?”

Aiden’s eyes glimmered. His stare shifted from his feet, to the woman sitting right next to him. His eyes softened.

“I am, definitely,” His tone was loving, no sign of anxiety in his voice.

Anna smiled in satisfaction, folding her arms. “Well then. It’s not much to drink in, as long as both of you are being careful in whatever you do. I can still remember an irritating reporter who ruined the mood when Kristoff and I were eating sandwiches in Subway back in Oslo.”

“Duly noted,” Elsa chuckled.

The redhead rubbed her eyes and mightily yawned, “Oh geez. It’s almost ten. I’ll see you both in the morning after I hibernate, spring will do I think.”

“Anna, it’s summer,” Elsa corrected, wrapping the younger woman in a sisterly embrace, “Goodnight, go and rest.”

“You too,” Anna lazily replied, taking her husband’s arm until the pair’s silhouettes were looming from the stairs. The couple left behind concurrently shared a look, and knowing what must be done, hand in hand, the couple walked towards the main doors leading to the exit of the luxurious home.

“It’s getting late,” Aiden blushed, “I better go. Mom will get worried.”

She squeezed his hand, her eyes telling him completely that she understood. There was a hint of sadness written in her face, and so Aiden learned the silence was more endearing than the words he could say, and unbeknownst to him, words that could mean so much to Elsa.

Everything felt silly. From their interlocked fingers to the fixed gaze Elsa gave him, he recognized it wasn’t out of plea. Something indescribable. Her eyes were half-lidded, but he noticed from time to time when he would entirely look her way they would sparkle.

His hands crept from her hands to her face. He could feel her breath, the sweet scent he has grown familiar with and the warmth her skin radiated. Aiden leaned in, tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear and kissed a freckle, whispering, “You’re really pretty.”

Now, it was Elsa’s turn to blush. Aiden was quite fond of the word, and she could tell he preferred it more than the synonym ‘beautiful.’ One of her senses told her that he didn’t mean her face or any part of her for that matter, but the clue wasn’t so disguised with how each syllable of the compliment rolled off his tongue.

She draped her arms around his neck, and he made an effort to lower his perspective to bump with her nose.

“I belong to you, Aiden,” she quietly spoke.

She was testing him. A test so remarkably predictable—a challenge that she knew he would pass without a haste, because she has already covered up miles and miles of his heart.

He picked up her hand from her side, and brushed his lips against her knuckles. Aiden shook his head, not so viciously, to refrain from sending the wrong message. Her heart fluttered deeply. “You belong with me, I can agree with that. But you belong to no one but yourself.”

Elsa found herself laughing softly upon his words. “Not now, to say the least. I just know,” she pressed a kiss to his cheek, “Someday. That could be changed. Because I trust you.”

He closed the gap between them, murmuring against her lips, “Okay. Please go to bed and don’t sleep late, it’s not good for you. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, darling.”

Giving him one last kiss, Elsa watched him slip into the rumbling vehicle and disappear into the humble abode of the night.

“Goodnight, pretty eyes,” she whispered into the evening breeze.

It was a brief test, one that wasn’t really necessary—but he passed. And she loved him for it.

To be continued
on the next chapter...