47 - Celebrations (EP. 01)

A Week Later | The Arendelle Residence

“Mama? You wakey?”

Elsa practically refused to acknowledge the frigidity of her room at 7 AM. The cold was unfathomable against her pale skin, as she clung on to the covers with a lazy moan. And god, the bed feels too good it’d be a shame to leave too soon. Of course Anna will be more than capable to take charge of the headquarters, and she is actually willing to have only a pillow to keep her company for the rest of the day–

“Come on, mama, wake up, wake up, wake up!”

That is, if Claire would be patient enough to let her sleep in—not that she was. The four year old was putting all her best efforts into prying each of her mother’s eyes open when she guessed in advance her mother would be quite unyielding at this juncture.

Claire’s brows furrowed as Elsa shielded her face with a pillow, and with a toothy grin filled with mischief, the child endeavoured climbing the queen-size before her mother’s snoozing form. Groaning at the wriggling weight pressed on top of her, Elsa resisted the child’s second attempt with trapping the little girl in her embrace.

“No fair,” Claire whined defeatedly as she was squeezed next to her mother’s chest. Elsa snuggled closer to the squirming girl with a mumble, “Shh, darling.. Mama needs to cuddle...” she trailed off with a snore.

As if the day was not in her favor, a certain redhead strode in the room noisily with a heavy shove of the door. Elsa could only yawn from where she laid, still clutching her very annoyed daughter.

Anna sighed as she saw that even her rowdy entrance is not as effective as she thought it would be in terms of awakening her older sister. She marched up to the blinds protecting the room from the meek sunlight; and with a hefty pull, light bursted into Elsa’s defenseless figure.

A-alright, I’m up,” Elsa groggily settled on to her feet, allowing a relieved Claire to roll out of bed. She threaded her fingers in her hair and did little to fix the disheveled locks as another yawn escaped her lips, “But were the blinds completely necessary?”

“Sure it was, especially when somebody has an engagement party starting from nine o’sharp and it’s already seven-forty in the morning!”

Elsa blinked.

Something must have snapped within her sister as Anna watched the blonde swiftly toss pillow after pillow on to one spot on the mattress, and hurrying towards the edge of the comforter, she pulled the sheets over the valley of cushions within a few seconds because she was absolutely terrified.

“Okay, now I didn’t mean you should panic,” Anna began weakly, but then she already heard the bathroom door slam shut, before the noise was followed by a startled shriek coming from where the shower was running.

COLD!

Oh, dear, Anna grimaced, whilst she told her niece to hurry off to Gerda to be in her own dress. A few minutes was all it took until a robed and drenched Elsa left the bathroom to hastily rummage through her vanity for a brush.

“I got the dress, and I’ll do your make up,” Anna panted after rapidly hunting in the walk-in closet, “Just please, please calm down, you still have an hour or two. The venue’s decor and the tables are being finalized by now and everything will be fine!”

“Fine? Anna, I had put you in charge with the invitations and you had to invite our friends from high school,” Elsa cringed, as she gruffly fought with a knot.

“Aww come on, it was kind of an accident,” Anna pouted, but receiving a short-lived glare from the CEO quickly made her rephrase her statement. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry! I just happened to not know that Rapunzel would automatically invite the others and it’d be kind of embarrassing to reject their attendance...”