I'll Stand By You

Note: This is a direct continuation of a previous story called Letters to You. It's also the ending of a trilogy I wrote for Hanji. I'm so happy to finally be able to share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy it and if you feel comfortable, let me know what you think!

Summary: No matter the amount of research you've done in your life, with Hanji or by yourself, nothing could have ever prepared you for the sight that greeted you.

"What in the world is going on here?"

.

You look at the destroyed castle ahead of you. Fear runs through your veins as you notice the titans storming the premises.

The sun barely shining from behind the walls, you notice the damage around you is far too great for it to have just started.

By the looks of it, the cadets have been fighting for at least a couple of hours.

"But that's not possible. Titans have never shown any signs that they could walk at night!" You think to yourself as you gently tap the sides of your horse, making it go faster.

You get ready to draw your blades when you lay your eyes on the five teenagers standing on the roof. They are too far away and screaming would be pointless.

Until you notice someone jump off the roof and before you know it, bright lightning comes falling from the sky, much like when Eren transforms.

You decide to slow down for a few minutes while the 3-meter class titan takes down several of its kind before getting its hair pulled, making it hard for It to move. From afar, you hear Krista's voice:

"If you're going to die protecting this tower, forget about it! Tear it down!"

You can feel your heart skip a bit, Maybe I misheard her, you think to yourself. Is it possible that this small, big-headed titan is one of them?

From all your research and theories, you did come across the possibility of other people having the same power as Eren and Annie, but you didn't realize there could be another person in such close proximity to you with this ability.

As the teenagers now rest on the floor, surrounded by all the debris and dead titans, you switch onto your gear preparing to kill the remaining titans.

"Are you guys ok?" You ask, striking the first one. They all smile at you, the relief on their faces is undeniable. That brings a smile to your face.

"Holy shit, I have never been so happy to see you, Y/N!" Connie says before putting his hands on the back of his head, you can see a few tears coming down his cheeks as they run after Christa.

Before you have time to do anything, you see a titan in front of her, about to grab her small body with its hands. As you prepare to kill it, you see a figure fly past you and strike one blow to the titan's nape.

You smile at the black-haired girl standing on top of a pile of rocks.

"Mikasa!"

"We'll take it from here. Come on, Y/N"

You nod at her before taking off, killing at least 3 titans on the way.

.

Once the Scouts ensure that all titans are dead, you use the cloud of smoke to go check on the person who emerged from the now decomposing corpse.

Ymir lost a leg and an arm, not including all of her internal injuries. Christa is already by her side while everyone else seems to take a step further away from her.