I Hear A Symphony

Request: Hello dear ! Can I request an Imagine where Hanji and her girlfriend get married ? They both decided to get married before the battle of Shiganshina because they were afraid of not coming back alive (they came back alive) . The ceremony is very beautiful and joyful and since reader no longer has a family, Erwin offers to accompany her to the altar.

Summary: Previous to the mission to retake Shiganshina, you decide to tie the knot with Hanji before it's too late.

.

As you sit through this meeting, Commander Erwin's voice goes in through one ear and leaves out the other. Your mind wanders away to the soft hand touching yours underneath the table.

Your heart palpitates as Hanji's fingertips softly brush against your skin. It's a feeling you've known all too well but still haven't gotten used to. She traces your veins without taking her eyes off of the whiteboard sitting ahead of you.

Trying to focus on the blonde man's words, the only sentence you can pay attention to is "The mission to retake Wall Maria will succeed". But the excitement that courses through your veins isn't from that but rather from the event that will take place later that day.

You take a deep breath, trying to calm yourself down but you can feel the warmth spreading across your cheeks.

"That's all for today." The tall man standing in front of everyone says, focusing his eyes on the massive pile of papers standing in front of him.

Sadly but quickly, you remove Hanji's hand from yours, a sad expression taking over her features. Trying to cheer her up, you flash her a bright smile and gently hand her a half-opened book, a small piece of paper marking a specific page.

"I'll see you later!"

Before she has time to respond, a hand grabs your wrist and drags you towards the other side of the now mostly empty room.

The man standing in front of you seems nervous for the first time since you've met him, his hand has a subtle tremble to it and you smirk, looking down at your feet while gathering up the courage to ask him for a favor.

"Commander, would you..." You ask, tilting your head slightly to the right. He raises his hand as a sign of interruption and takes a deep breath while shyly looking around the room, making sure no one can hear him.

"Y/N, would you give me the honor of accompanying you down the aisle today?" He says, taking one of your hands on his. The smile on his face is genuine and you can't help but smile in return.

"Of course. Other than Hanji, you are the closest thing to family I have left." You reply and you feel as his long arm wraps around your body. Your head rests on his chest and your arms are wrapped around his shoulders. "We grew up together, Erwin."

"You used to collect butterflies." He says, his hand playing with your hair and you snort.

"And you used to wear that stupid vest." You reply and he laughs, a contagious sound that brings out a laughter of your own.

A knock on the door breaks you away from the moment and you look around to find a very nervous Moblit holding a clipboard close to his chest as if his life depended on it. He looks at the clock resting above the mantle.

"Y/N, you need to come with me so you can start getting ready," Moblit says, sweat dripping down his forehead as he looks at the clock once again.

Erwin's arm falls to the side of his body, letting you go in the process. He tilts his head towards the door signaling that it is time for you to leave. You plant one kiss on his cheek as a token of your appreciation and Moblit quickly takes your hand, dragging you out of the room.