Chapter thirteen

"You'll be fine." Ginny reassures, as I pick up little amounts of porridge on my spoon and place them into my mouth.

"Not unless I beat her ass before then." I state, annoyed that I have to spend an hour alone with her. I wasn't going to tell them I was nervous because I was worried a Slytherin would hear me and think of me as weak. Fred snickers, looking at me.

"I'm sure you could. Look at what you did to her nose." He adds, gesturing over to the Slytherin table.

I look ,but instead of seeing Pansy, I notice Draco staring at me oddly. Crabbe and Goyle quickly following, with little snickers leaving their lips. I turn back to my porridge. Is there something on my fucking face? I ask myself, now feeling slightly insecure ,but being quickly comforted by Fred's warm smile.

—————

After I finish all of my classes, I arrive outside of the Transfiguration classroom with Fred beside me. "I'll be here when you're done." He says, letting go of my hand. I nod ,but was soon interrupted by someone harshly bumping into my shoulder. I roll my eyes, knowing Pansy was walking past. Without even glancing at her, I keep contact with Fred and shoot him a 'Wish me luck' kind of look before walking into the classroom.

Professor McGonagall stands in front of her desk, next to Pansy who held a nasty expression. As I walk closer to them, I notice what Fred was talking about at breakfast. Her nose is purple and blue, and caked with makeup to try and hide the bruising. I internally smile, kind of proud that she got what she deserved ,but I stay stern faced.

"You girls will have to dust and organize this whole room using no magic. I suggest you use your time wisely." She says, eyeing us with raised brows. "Oh, and don't bother wasting your time trying to get out. The door is charmed to stay locked until your time is up." She adds before walking out of the room, leaving us alone.

Pansy takes a rag and slides it across the shelves awkwardly until McGonagall is out of sight ,and quickly drops it to the floor. She sits down on top of one of the desks, watching me through judgmental eyes. I can feel her staring as I dust the tall book cases. "You could help you know." I mention, turning around to meet her glare.

"Why the fuck would I do that?" She asks, disbelief flooding her voice. "You seem to be doing fine by yourself." She adds.

"Yeah, that's because I do useful things with my time instead of sleeping with every guy my eyes land on like you." I say coldly. She flounces towards me, stopping a foot away from me. Her narrowed eyes disappear and a forced grin forms across her lips.

"How's that boyfriend of yours? Which one is it again? Fred?" She asks. I glare at her, biting my tongue.

"Dirty little thing, pretty lengthy too." She adds with a little mischievous giggle, causing me to drop my rag.

"What are you talking about?" I say trying to keep my tone steady, not making eye contact.

"Oh he didn't tell you?" She asks, making a fake surprised look. "We used to fuck." She whispers into my ear, causing my breathing to shudder. The door clicks, revealing that it has been unlocked. "Pathetic little slut." She whispers coldly, before strutting out of the door, leaving me alone in shock.

What the fuck.

Tears start to arise in my eyes. I snatch my bag violently from beside McGonagall's desk ,and hurry out of the room. I try to run past Fred ,but he grabs my wrist before I could go by. "What's wrong?" He asks, concern roaming his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it." I reply, trying to release myself from his hand ,but his grip is too strong.

"There's obviously something wrong, you're crying." He says, noticing a tear roll down my cheek.

"Did you fuck Pansy?" I ask angrily, hoping that he would say no and reassure me that nothing has ever happened. He wears a shocked expression, saying nothing, giving me an answer. I nod, pushing his hand off of my wrist. He says nothing as I run through the halls, to the Gryffindor tower.

I quickly step into the dorm, and slide down the door, not being able to hold it in any longer. "Y/n- Oh my gosh." Hermione says rushing over to me, pulling my weak body into a tight embrace.

"Hermione, where's your curling iron? Merlin's beard! What happened?" Ginny asks, rushing over to us. I lift my head slightly to look at her.

"Fred has slept with Pansy." I say, stammering between each word.

Her eyes widen, obviously just as shocked as I was. "I promise y/n I had no idea." I gently nod before laying my head back down on Hermione's shoulder. I notice them share a worried look as my eyes continue to produce tears.

"I'm fine, really." I say, trying to stop crying ,but the tears don't stop. Ginny scoots beside me, rubbing my back in circular motions.

After about five minutes, I stopped crying ,and Hermione and Ginny headed down to dinner. "Are you sure you don't want me to sneak something up here for you?" Ginny asks for the third time.

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't really have an appetite anymore." I respond. They turn around, heading towards the door. I didn't lie, I didn't have an appetite, but what kept me from attending dinner with them was the fact that I would have to face Fred and I knew I wouldn't be able to go through with it without breaking down.

I could've sworn I head Ginny whisper something to Hermione about 'talking some sense into Fred' ,but before I could stop her, the door shut.

Them being gone gave me some time to think ,but I quickly get lost in my thoughts and slowly doze off to sleep.

—————

Sometime in the middle of the night, I wake up to my growling stomach that had not been fed since the morning. I groan and flip over to try and get comfortable when my eyes fall onto a large chocolate chip cookie sitting on my nightstand. "Thanks Ginny." I mutter to myself before engulfing it.