Chapter 4 - "You Don't Know What Love Could Do To Us."

I see Alex finally coming out from the library and that feeling of guilt filled me. I don't know why, but I just feel like sucha asshole when I act the way I did towards Alex earlier.

Alex saw that it was me sitting over here so he made his way over and saying nothing, he just sat next to me on the bench.

It was silent.

"You still mad?" Alex asked breaking the silence.

I just shrugged.

Silence filled between us once again.

I can feel Alex's eyes on me, my heart raced as I felt Alex's breath hit the side of my face.

A ton of thoughts running through my head; 'is Alex trying to kiss me?' 'Alex is so close, here's your chance.' 'He's gonna kiss you Jack, so don't screw it up!' 'I wonder how Alex's lips would feel against mine?' 'Oh my God, Alex is gonna try and kiss me!' all that and more crossed my mind all at once just because I felt Alex's breath. I mean, if just Alex's breath can do all that to me... then how much damage will his lips do?

Alex had gotten closer then he was, which caused shivers to go down my spine. He was really close now.

I tried my best to hide what Alex was doing to me, but it wasn't easy, after the dream I had this morning and every other morning before.

Butterflies began to fill not just my stomach but what felt like my whole body as Alex set his hand on my shoulder then let out a loud sorrow filled sigh.

"I honestly don't know what I did to make you so angry at me Jacky..." Alex began. 'Jacky', the nickname Alex had given me, and the nickname that also never once missed to be heard in my dreams. "but, I'm sorry ok?" Alex said in a soft tone.

I couldn't speak. He had me all lovestruck from getting that close to me.

"Jack?"

As sick as it sounds, I loved hearing Alex say my name.

"Jack? Hello?" Alex waved his hand in front of my face.

Just... don't stop saying my name Lex.

"Fine! Whatever! I tried to apologize to you, Jack!" There's my name again. "And for something I didn't even do, at that!" Alex yelled.

I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth. He had me in a daze, and he didn't even mean to have me in one. I'm not even sure he knows that he has that kind of power over me.

I didn't even have to look at Alex to know he was getting frustrated with me for not saying anything.

"Screw this, I'm leaving." Alex said as he began to get up I gripped onto the back of his leather jacket. He stopped.

"Lex."

Alex looked back at me only to give me a cold "what?"

"You're not the one who should be sorry. You did nothing wrong Lex. I'm the one who should be sorry." Alex turned around so that we were face to face and crossed his arms. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I had no right. I'm so sorry Lexy." I continued.

"It's fine Jack. I forgive you." Alex said. "Ok?" He smiled to assure me that everything was really ok between us.

I got up quickly to give Alex a hug, "Thanks Lex." I said burying my face into his jacket. I felt Alex wrap his arms around me, "Jack, you're freezing. Why ain't you wearing a jacket?"

"Wasn't thinking, I guess."

"Some things just never change."

I looked up at Alex only to see him looking back down at me with a smile. Oh, that smile. Those eyes. Those lips... those lips are so close. Close enough... to.. kiss. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest to the thought of kissing Alex.

I'm scared, but there's no place I rather be then right here, wrapped tightly in Alex's arms.

This could be my chance to finally tell Alex how I feel, but how would I even begin to explain my feelings for him without him running away.

I want to tell Alex how I feel. I do. I just... don't really know how to do that right now.

"Lex?"

"Yeah, Jacky?"

"I-I, I lov..." I was interrupted.

"Hey you two! Get to your classes right this minute!" Alex and I quickly let go of each other and said, "Ok." The teacher just nodded and began walking again.

"We better get to class." Alex stated shuffling the back of his hair with his hand.

"Yeah, we better." I agreed.

Alex and I began walking back to the main school building and when in we went straight to our lockers and quickly grabbed our textbooks.

"So, I'll see you after class?" I asked stupidly even though I knew we would. Alex nodded before saying, "As always."

"Ok." I ended before walking away.

"Jack!" Alex called after me. I stopped and turned around to say, "Yeah?"

"I love you too." Shocked at what Alex had said I didn't say a word.

"See that wasn't so hard to say. I mean, if that person saying it... really means it." Alex said throwing me a smile.

Alex and I tell one another we love each other all the time, but this time when Alex said it... it felt different. Maybe not to him, but to me those three little words meant the world coming from him.

I managed to snap out of it to give Alex a quick smile before both of us went opposite directions and headed to our classes.

As soon as I made my way through the classroom door I hear, "Mr. Barakat, you're late."

"I apologize, Ms. Smith."

"It's ok Jack. Just don't let it happen again in my class ok?"

"Ok."

"Great. Now take your seat please." I did as I was told and sat in the seat next to Cameron.

"Hey Cam."

"Hey Jack, where were you during lunch?"

"Just met up with a new friend."

"Well, Alex was looking for you."

"He found me." I smiled remembering what had just went on in the hallway earlier between Alex and I.

"Jack, why you smiling like that?" Cameron asked.

"No reason." I giggled lightly looking down.

"That new friend, doesn't happen to be a girl... does it?" Cameron questioned with a stupid smile on his face.

"Well yes, it's a girl, but what does that have to do with anything?"

"Do you like her?" I can't remember the last time I even liked a girl, let alone kissed one. So why in the fuck would I even... Oh, right. Cameron doesn't know I'm gay, and neither does anybody else.

"Yeah." I lied. I mean, Sierra is fairly attractive don't get me wrong, but I love Alex and plus she's with Oli.

"That's awesome dude. It's about time you got over your ex."

- Anita xx